Thread: Add border art in Word 2010

Add border art in Word 2010

I have stated using Word 2010 and I wanted to know where the option of adding border art for a text box has disappeared. I have used word 2003 and 2007 and it was there, I am not able to find out the same in Word 2010. Since I am new to this I am not sure if I am missing it anywhere, so I just wanted to know if there is anyone who is aware of the same in 2010 can help me out??

Re: Add border art in Word 2010

If you are talking about double and triple line in Format Text Box > Style dropdown of 2003 and 2007 then I will like to inform you that the same is there as Format Shape > Line Style dialog of 2010. I have checked out the same and have found that the Compound Type dropdown has similar double and triple line formats. I am not sure if you are looking for the same but then you can just cross check it out and let me know. I also wanted to add that you can add artistic effects for the text box as well in Word 2010 by Selecting text box> right clicking on the same> selecting “Format Shape” option from the menu. For getting desired effect you can simply select options from Format Shape window like Line Color, Line Style and so.

The steps that have been mentioned here are for page border, I don’t think there was a border art for text box in any version of word by now. I have used all the three version of Word and I am quite sure about the same. I think you might be calling the "fancy" line borders which were available for text boxes as Border Art? Correct me if I am wrong. If not then can you explain me the border art you are talking about in a bit detail? I mean where can I find that option and how do I use it. Just let me know so that I can have a better idea of this case and will try to help you further as well.

I am starting a short tutorial for using Text Boxes and WordArt, I am quite sure the questioner is looking out for the same:
    Inserting a Text box:
    • Select Insert tab and click on Text Box command in the Text group and select Draw Text Box in the drop-down menu that you will get, after that click and drag the document to create the text box. When you are done with the same then you can type to create text inside the text box.
    • For moving the text box just Hover your mouse pointer over the edges of the text box and when it becomes a cross with arrows then you can Click and drag the text box in the desired direction on the page.
    • For resizing textbox Click on the text box and simply drag one of the sizing handles on the corners to get the desired resizing, you can drag the sizing handles I any corners for adjusting height and width, the handles on the top or bottom will let you resize vertically where as the handles on the left and right will let you resize the text box horizontally.
    • For changing the text box horizontally simply Select the text box and when you get a new Format tab then click on Edit Shape command and click on Change Shape. After clicking on Change Shape you will get a drop-down list from where you can select desired shape.
    • For choosing a Shape Style just select the text box and when you get a new Format tab then click on more drop-down arrow and select the desired style from there.
    • For changing the Fill just select text box and when you get a new Format tab then click on Shape Fill command and select a color from the list. If you want then you can select No Fill or More Fill Colors for using a color that might not be on the list.
    • For changing Shape Outline just select text box and when you get a new Format tab then click on Shape Outline command and Select the desired color from the list. You can also choose No Outline or More Outline Colors for using the color that might not be in the list.

I think that’s enough to explain, I just wanted to add that you can also use Shadow Effects Using Shape Effect as well.