Thread: Files turn into zero bytes after Syncing with backitup

Files turn into zero bytes after Syncing with backitup

Hello friends, I was trying to use the backitup sync option that was linking two folders and chosen folder named as mirror. That folder was having all the music files (.mp3 file). After that when I tried to play the music then it shows me the error. When I saw the properties of the files then I got that all the files were turned into zero byte file. Do you have any idea that what may be wrong with that? Please reply, I will appreciate each reply on this.

Re: Files turn into zero bytes after Syncing with backitup

This seems to be very strange as the BackItUp will never do anything with the files. It will just copy the files. After reading your post, I think that you have synced to an Audio CD accidentally and so it is showing you the zero bytes. Anyway, it will help us to give you the solution if you can provide some more information about this like any log file or some screen shot of that. So post that in your next post.

I think that backitups that you have used to do the backup is corrupted and for that reason you are getting this issue. Anyway, once those files are converted to zero bytes then I don’t think that there is any way to get those files back. Just to avoid these things in future just uninstall that from your computer and then install that again. This is the best way by which you can ignore such things in future.

There might be some virus in your system which is causing this issue. Normally the backitups should not cause such problems. So scan your system with some good antivirus program and see if that can detect virus in your system. Make sure that you are making use of the updated antivirus otherwise it will skip some virus and problem may be continued in future as well. Thank you!!!