Thread: Works 9 and windows 7 not compatible with each other?

Works 9 and windows 7 not compatible with each other?

I have one of my friend who has the Windows 7 system and wants Works 9 for his system. the thing is that his system contains a bunch of files that are formed in Works 9, and hence he needs to know if Windows 7 will be supporting it or not? So what do you all think guys will it support or not as such I have heard that works 9 does not work in windows 7 well. Still I am curious to know about it and hence reply to me accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the suggestions from you all and hence reply accordingly.

Re: Works 9 and windows 7 not compatible with each other?

No It should work have you looked at the Works 9 system requirements then it clearly specifies that Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition with SP 1 also Windows XP 32-bit Edition with SP2 or windows Vista and all the later operating systems. So according to the system requirement it should satisfy. So that is what I am saying here, so ask your friend to work with the existing one and I think the problem will be solved accordingly. So that’s it from my side. I hope the suggestions works for you.

See the system requirement does not specify windows 7 exactly. So what I want to know is that is there anthing specifically given that it should work out with the windows 7 then do let me know about it. thanks for notifying me about that and hence appreciate your efforts for that but what I am saying is that will it make any difference if I use words 9 in windows 7? Will all the files be read or will it simply not install in it? please suggest me something on the issue. I am waiting for the answers.

See when if it is specified that windows vista or the later version then they do specify about the same. hence that’s what iwant to say here. If you have some doubts over the issue then I ask you to have a check about the same in the Microsoft website as well. Here is the link http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...orks&os=32-bit, do look at it and I am sure after reading that you will be satisfied as if what I am saying here.

Even I cant guess what’s the harm in trying it, I mean when you have the works 9 with you and if you are working on it then why don’t you just install it and see if it si working or not. There is no harm in just trying and checking out, nothing will happen, so that is the suggestion that I am giving to you all, do look at it accordingly and let me know if your friend can open the files in words 9, just give it a try for the same and I am sure that will be of great help for you.

Thanks a lot I will surely give a try for the same and hence appreciate your efforts for the same here. So thanks a ton for the same. Well I am happy that you all did give the necessary solutions for the same. still I think windows 7 will not support. So that’s what my opinion is thanks for considering my opinion here.