Thread: File Limitations in Windows Media Player

File Limitations in Windows Media Player

I have recently purchased a device that helps to convert cassette tapes into .mp3 format. It is working well till now, a single side of the cassette tape contains many hundred of very small files. While burning these files into the disk through the Windows Media Player it will only allow me to burn 99 file from a folder of 200 files. It seems that there is a limit of 99 files to be burned. Is there any way to increase the number of the files that the Windows 7 media player can burn more than 99?

Re: File Limitations in Windows Media Player

Are you sure that you have all the files in the .mp3 formats? If NO, then check for all the files if they are of that formats or not. Also you said that windows 7 media player does not burn more than 99 file. Make a note that you select all the files from the folder which you wish to burn. If you are not able to burn more than 99 files together then try burning it in the parts of 99 which you are saying the is limit by windows 7 media player to burn.

If you are unable to burn more than 99 tracks all together in a single burn, then make a folder of 99 tracks each and then try to burn it. Also see that you have properly connected your CD burner. Also clean the files and folders that you are trying to burn to make sure that you don’t have any damaged files in it. Also if you are unable to burn this in to one CD then try burning it in some other CD’s of other company.

If you are unable to burn it with the Windows Media Player, then try burning it with some other CD burner. I never use the windows media player to burn my CD’s. I always use the CDBurnerXP. This is awesome CD burner software. And I have never faced any problem with burning my CD’s. So I would like to suggest you to just try this, if your Windows media player is not allowing you to burn more than 99 files together.

I think so all I would be needed to do is just by a small portable player to play my cassettes. I have also tried using the CDBurnerXP but I find that it has also got the same limit of 99 tracks. Whenever I try to burn files that are more than 99 files, then it always gives me a message that “The compilation contains more than 99 tracks which is the maximum”. I don’t know why it is giving such an error as I have converted the audio to digital which is of only 9 minutes of recording. It seems that it would be required to have more than 45 CD’s to copy the cassettes of 4 tapes.

Everything recorded in the CD is known as a track. It is the fact that the CD has the capability of containing only 99 tracks. It can also include a data track. Also every track contains the indexes which are of 100 indexes. If there are any hidden tracks in the data then they are placed in the track which is the last one in the CD. So there is the problem for you which do not allow you to burn more than 99 tracks in a CD. So I think you can only burn 99 tracks in any of the burner.