Thread: Error after updating Foxit Reader to v5

Error after updating Foxit Reader to v5

Hello everyone I had installed Foxit PDF reader on my system and using it in the replacement of Adobe Reader which normal comes with Windows system and was working flawlessly, it is much quicker and easier to use than Adobe Reader, but with the latest updates of Foxit and it upgraded to 5.0 version and many excellent features than before but with this upgradation of Foxit the Ask toolbar without any prior permission from me, had been got install on my system. And finding no way to uninstall it, does anyone who had updated there foxit got installed the Ask toolbar and had got stuck in there system? Or someone find a way to get rid of this? Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks

re: Error after updating Foxit Reader to v5

Yeah Foxit PDF reader is much better option to opt for that the normal Adobe reader which usually comes with Windows and other system, and most of the people use that only as might be because they are unaware about the this Alternative for Adobe, Foxit reader has pretty high speed that adobe and with the new updates my existing version has turn to 5.0 and the experience has been just excellent and as while I had update my current version of Foxit, before install, I had got a option whether I would like to Install Ask toolbar or not, I think that by mistake you hadn’t seen that properly and got installed on your system.

Even the installation and setup of this new version if bit confusing to me, as even I think that while installation you had gone properly to the information that ask for permit for installing tool bar, and if now you are unable to remove toolbar, than I think you should try to run any malware scanner and if even than also you are not finding anything, than remove Foxit only from your system, as it may be happen that some error had happen while installing the updates, so uninstall it and do a restart and install It again.

As the former version of Foxit is not that much advance as this new version, I think you should look out for mark boxes while upgrading, which had the option of making Ask.com you default search engine and also with Ask tool bar, you have to unmark them both and then carry on the installation and go through the entire information while installing and if you are not getting any prior permission before installing the toolbar, then I think you should submit a bug report

Yes I think that you had make some mistake while installing update and upgrading your existing version of Foxit and if still you want guidance than just watch this snap shot:

And be clear that you had unmark both the boxes and most important point here is after that you have to proceed further while selecting “Decline” option.

There in the market a portable version of Foxit has been release and that is also available in the 5.1 version and while installing this portable version you will not ask for installing any “Ask” material not even ask to set Ask as your default search engine and it much compatible and faster that the pro version for using it you have to uninstall any version or file of Foxit installed on your system, for if you are not finding any way to get rid of your problem than simply try this.

Re: Error after updating Foxit Reader to v5

Has seen posting on many thread about this problem and yeah this new version file size if much more than the previous version (v4), so after trying all your Foxit reader has not been operating properly, than I think you must uninstall your Foxit and can move toward PDF-XChange viewer, it is much more advance than any other PDF viewer in the market and has been equipped with PDFReader/Viewer/Editor and one more thing that this application if freeware and compatible with almost every operating system.