Thread: Shootthemessenger.exe is not working

Shootthemessenger.exe is not working

I am having Windows XP Operating System running on my system. I have installed the windows messenger in it. Recently I found some problem with the Windows messenger, so I tried to uninstall the Windows Messenger through the Add Remove Programs. But whenever, I restart my system I get this thing again in the system. Can anyone tell me how to kill this process? I really want to remove this program from my system.

Re: Shootthemessenger.exe is not working

If you think that it is getting removed from the system then try to disable this from the messenger itself. You can disable this by going in to the start menu and then select the “Control Panel”. In the control panel you will find the option of “Administrative Tools”. In the administrative go on to the services. From there you will find the Messenger option. Just do a right-click on it and then select stop. This will disable the windows messenger.

Shoot the Messenger is a program that will help to stop all the unwanted messaging services for the Windows user from running it in systems. This will list the messaging services running in your system. If you don’t want this program to run, then you can disable it from the two command buttons present on the program. If you are unable to remove it from the program, then remove it from the control panel.

That was the first thing I did, I disabled the messenger. But still the messaging services starts up when I restart it even though it is disabled. Someone said me to go into the sysoc.inf and then move the hide word from the line in the, messenger which will make it to appear in the Add Remove Program. So I went in to the Windows component from the add remove programs and uninstalled it completely, but this method still did not work for me.

If it is coming when you are booting up your system then, then you can go to the run command from the start menu and then type “msconfig” from there you will see many tabs. There will be a tab called startup, when you click on that you will find the list of programs that startup as soon as you start up your system. So from there you can select the messenger option and then disable the tick mark. After you make changes it will ask you to restart your PC. So once you restart your system you will find a dialog box in that you have to place a check mark in it. This will permanently remove the messenger from the startup.