Thread: Unable to delete video file as it is open in windows explorer

Unable to delete video file as it is open in windows explorer

I am not capable to delete video files. I find "The action cannot be done because the files are open in Windows Explorer". I am told it is open in Windows Explorer. Is each file not technically open in windows explorer when I see it in a folder? I have attempted to restart and then remove them, but still the similar result. What is the issue? I do not even have them in any video player list or something similar to that. And Video player(s) has been closed before I have attempted to remove them.

re: Unable to delete video file as it is open in windows explorer

As I know about this problem I have told you that you will have to download the unlocker. After download you will install it in your system. I think unlocker is the best solution of this problem. Then you will have to some steps. These steps are given as below. Follow these steps and fix your problem.
    1. First of all easily right press the directory or file and choose Unlocker
    2. Then after you will check if the directory or file is locked, a window cataloging of lockers will show
    3. and finally you will easily press Unlock All and you are completed!

This final alternative technique has worked for me some times in the past. I utilized regedit command and searched for all talk about of the particular file name. For example, I once had Die hard too on my computer and I could not get rid of it no topic what I attempted. But once I removed all references in the registry I was capable to uninstall it. (I made storage of the registry now in case something went incorrect.) I hope that more well-informed forum member satisfy with this reply.

I have the similar issue now. I saved a MKV movie on my monitors screen or desktop and I cannot get rid of it. My unlocker does not work on my windows 7 premium therefore I downloaded WinNC and it cannot remove it either. It tells me it is open in Explorer and cannot remove it. I attempted to close explorer down during the task manager and when attempting to remove it, I found the message it could not remove it because it was open in Dell.doc. I shut dell doc and then I found the message it was open in task manager! How do I find this off my desktop?

Yes, and it did not work. On further analysis, I got out that unlocker does not work on the 64bit Windows 7 professional. Yet, Lock hunter has a 32 and 64 bit version. Then after I downloaded the 64 bit and it worked completely. Anyone having this issue must utilize the 64 bit for windows 7 professional and the 32 bit for windows 7 premiums. So you can use this according my solution. If you using it in right manner then you can remove the video files as it is opened the windows explorer. So you will know more about this from this on internet.

Re: Unable to delete video file as it is open in windows explorer

Good job and congratulations. For a successful solution to your problem. I'm glad I could assist and please let us know how it all works for you. If there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask. I understand that we can assist you with your problem and your patience. Thank Geeks for selecting to go for assist. This problem appears fixed. I am very for solving this problem. Really I am very irritated this problem. But currently I have got rid of this problem.