Thread: Unable to delete movie file

Unable to delete movie file

I have a computer. On this computer I downloaded a file utilizing a Peer 2 Peer service and I cannot remove it. I have attempted the whole thing, booting in safe mode, utilizing kill box and nothing works. I cannot even remove the entire folder that it is in. I also cannot shift it. I say it is an .mpeg but I think it may be an .avi or mov. I cannot even tell what the file name is because it is much long. Also when I twice click on it does not install, now it use windows media. It is similar to the file does not even be present.

Re: Unable to delete movie file

I would like to suggest you that some procedures may be it will give you some help for solving your problem. First all you will go into the start. And then you will open run then you will type TASKMGR.exe. After that you will go to the processes tab and after that last process on explorer.exe. After that you will open the task manager. And then after you will reverse back to the command prompt and then alter to the directory where the file is situated. At the command prompt type DEL where is the file you desire to remove. After that you will return to Task Manager and then you will press File and then after new task and enter EXPLORER.exe to resume the GUI shell. And finally you will shut Task Manager.

You can utilize the older DOS "shortname". In the days before Windows, file names under MS-DOS could only be eleven characters long. For compatibility with old programs that relied on that, for every file with a name longer than that, Windows makes an inimitable "shortname". For example, if the file is named "thisisalongfilename.isntit", a DIR /X in a command prompt may illustrate the shortname as "THISIS~1.ISN". It passes on to the similar file, that’s why you can delete utilizing the shortname.

Well, that definitely assisted with getting the file, but it seems that my computer disgust me. It now says "the process cannot access the file because it is being utilized by one more program," though I have already finished explorer.exe. However, when I go back and try and remove it openly, it just says that explorer is utilizing it; therefore I do not know what additional programs are concerned, which odd is considering the first one was deleted in this way with no problem.

Explorer is attempting to be too smart (and then not) by whenever you look through the directory that includes the avi's or press on an avi it attempts to gather information such as dimensions, play time etc. To do this it clearly has to have a lock on the file to read it, which takes a few seconds and you are attempting to delete it throughout that time. You can set your explorer view so the columns that hold media correlated information are not showing (and thus means explorer would not attempt to open

I want to tell you some steps. So please understand very carefully these steps. Theses steps is given as below:
    1. First of all open a Command Prompt and go away it open. (Click Start, then Run, type cmd, and click "Ok")
    2. After that you will shut all open programs.
    3. You will want to shut EXPLORER.EXE. The correct way to close Explorer is to carry up the "turn off Windows" dialog (choose "turn off" from the start menu), hold down CTRL+SHIFT+ALT and push the "Cancel" button. Explorer will leave modestly.
    4. After that you will go back to the Command Prompt and alter to the root directory by using typing cd \ and clicking "Enter". At the C :\> prompt, type the path to the irremovable file (i.e. C:\>program files\folder). At the resulting command prompt type DEL undeletable where undeletable is the name of the file you desire to remove. Click "Enter".
    5. Then after you will type exit and click "Enter" to shut the command session.
    6. After that you will return to Task Manager, press "File", then after “New Task", then after you will write explorer.exe, and press "Ok" to resume the GUI shell.
    7. And final step is to shut Task Manager.

I would like to tell you some procedure to delete the movie file. I have some steps. Please read the steps very carefully and fix your problem. These steps are given as below:
    1. first of all you will remove all reg entries, then remove the program utilizing (a) windows uninstaller, then b] its individual uninstaller and maybe c] a business or free of charge uninstaller
    2. If ineffective, it may be because of you not killing the systray icon for the crisis, and all shortcuts
    3. Attempt to actually drop the file into any one of many file kill, or unlocker programs
    4. Re-verify the registry for presently the one file that appears to be hung up, and see if it can be establish in the Windows Shell folder and kill it
    5. And one slight scam I utilize is to make a new folder on c:\ I often give it a silly name, like The House on Haunted Hill, which has nothing to do with the magic of the exercise. Often these files sit obstinately avoiding your efforts to remove them, but they like to go on a tour. So, pick them up and drop them off at the Haunted House all very stupid, but it works. They will lie down and die after a day or so then you can remove them.
    6. If the file does not remove then, it may be related with a malware stay those associate to discover what to do.
    7. Often over time, the file will presently stop being a pest and allow you to remove it, so if it not actually causing any problems just leaves it is for some day.