Thread: skype doesnt run with vista 32 bit windows

skype doesnt run with vista 32 bit windows

Hi I have a dell inspiron 530 in which by default I have get windows vista 32 bit, and I am using the skype for making calls through it. But I have tried so much but the software doesn’t work on the window that I am using. I have tried almost all the things, but In fact I was using the windows XP I was able to use the this software, but no luck with vista. What shall I do next in order to get it work? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: skype doesnt run with vista 32 bit windows

Yeah there is some problem in this software as it doesn’t run with windows vista, in fact when I was using the same I was also having the similar problem. But which version are you using? I am not sure that which version will run perfectly because as I wasn’t installed I changed my operating system to windows 7 and since I am running this software on my machine, but still I would suggest you that don’t directly change the windows rather you can try all the version of the same software I hope this may work.

Hey let me tell you skype works with Vista, I would say you should check all the configurations after installation, and I am sure that the software must have been installed on your machine but not running actually and this because of the settings and some proper drivers, and I would say the same, you should try to install the sound driver first, and if suppose you have the one, then I think you haven’t configured it properly, thus make sure that you have proper one.

Exactly the same opinion as the above use as if you have the sound driver from realtek, and if you are using the 5.3 version you must have to update those driver first, and then try to run that software. And if you have updated the skype software then together with that you must have to update your firewall also. I mean to say if you are using any external firewall you should have to configure it also, as make some changes in that like always allow the connection through the skype.

Hey I would say you should update the software that you have, because it might have been possible that the software you are using must be corrupted or some of the files would be missing from the program files, thus my recommendation is still the same as you should install the new software in order to run it, or rather you can have another option also, as if before installing the new one you can try to update the current one, I hope this may work.

Hey from where you had downloaded this software, as I know on internet there are too many websites that gives this software, but I would say you should download it from its official websites only, it might be possible that you have to pay for that, I am not sure you may get it free also, but download it from the other location, exact distinct from the previous one, and off course while installing, choose a custom install, and specify the different location than the previous one, but let me tell you before doing all these delete all the files of the previous software, so they won’t affect the new one.

Even after performing all the given suggestion, I am sure you’ll be able to run the software but if suppose you are still having the problem, then I would you have to do something with the stupid realtek drivers only, this is because of that only, and I would say uninstall the previous one and don’t install any driver and then run the software, then it will prompt for driver missing or some other issue, then let windows itself search the drivers from the internet, and soon as the windows will get the drivers, it will install it automatically.