Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How can I fix the common Gnome install issues on Ubuntu 11.04?

Windows Software

Old 23-06-2011

How can I fix the common Gnome install issues on Ubuntu 11.04?

Well I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. I have found an issue while installing Gnome on the computer of mine. I have noticed that thee Gnome shell is not installing on the computer of mine. Let me know why I am getting above mentioned problem on the system of mine. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 24-06-2011

Re: How can I fix the common Gnome install issues on Ubuntu 11.04?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here PPA seems to be changing the thing slighty and it might be braking. I recommend that you have to run the following command on the terminal.
Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell gnome-session 
alos you might to do following thing on the terminal 
echo "PATH=\"/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games\"" | tee -a ~/.profile
I am hoping that it would be useful to get the requirement of yours.
Old 24-06-2011

If you are supposed to install Gnome 3.0 on the computer of yours then you need to remove the Unity and you will not be able to install the unity any more on the computer of yours. you need to launch the terminal on the computer of yours and run the following command.
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell gnome-session
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
sudo apt-get install gnome-session
I am hoping that it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.
Old 24-06-2011

After installing Gnome 3.0 on the system of yours you might get Strange themes. You might switch to the default Gnome theme. You have to launch the terminal on the computer of yours and you have to execute the below mentioned command on the terminal.
Code:
sudo apt-get remove gnome-accessibility-themes
sudo apt-get install gnome-themes-standard
sudo apt-get install -f
after running the above mentioned command you have to restart the computer of yours. once you have rebooted the computer you will have the fresh interface on the Gnome 3.
Old 24-06-2011

In order to improve the performance of the Gnome you have to use the following tool on the system of yours.
Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
now launch the tool on the system of yours and run the following command on the terminal of yours.
Code:
gnome-tweak-tool
here you will have the basic settings which you can do to improve the performance on the computer of yours.
Old 24-06-2011

I let you know that the Gnome 3.0 is not having Evolution 3.0. however you can use the following command to get the Gnome of yours.
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:danilo/evolution
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
once you have done the same you have to restart the computer of yours. so try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,