Thread: How can I remove Gnome 3 from the Ubuntu 11.04?

How can I remove Gnome 3 from the Ubuntu 11.04?

I am using Ubuntu 11.04 from past couple of week. I have also installed Gnome 3.0 on the computer of mine. After installing that the Gnome 3.0 is not working at all. I am getting lots of error message while using the same. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is occurring in the situation of mine. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I remove Gnome 3 from the Ubuntu 11.04?

I think I know a specific solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • First of all you have to go for System and then you have to go for Admin and then you will have the login screen.
    • Now you have to enter the credential on the system of yours and simply switch to the classic view.

So you should try the thing and let me know whether it is working or not.

I was having the exact same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have simply loaded the live cd of the operating system and selected the upgrade option. Now you have to gone through the upgrade option. Once the process is completed you have to restart the computer of yours. you have to select the Ubuntu classic on the system of yours. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

If there is so much issue after installing Gnome on the computer then I recommend that you need to uninstall the same from the system of yours. well you have to run following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
    The above mentioned command would uninstall the Gnome from the computer of yours and let me know whether it is working or not.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the Gnome which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should simply reinstall the package on the computer of yours. you should uninstall the entire package and then you should try to install the package again. If there is no difference in the situation then I think you need to downgrade the Gnome on the system of yours. so try the things which I have provided above.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue associated with the Gnome which you have installed on the computer of yours. I let you know that you have to contact the developer of the program and simply file a bug report on this particular matter. You should provide the information regarding the computer configuration as well as the issue which you are getting. The developer would work around on the situation and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.