Thread: How to install icons on Gnome 3?

How to install icons on Gnome 3?

I am new to Ubuntu. Well I have recently installed Ubuntu and using Gnome 3 as a desktop manager. I am unable to find any way which I can use to change the icon or theme of Gnome. Let me know if you are having any idea why I am having above mentioned issue. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to install icons on Gnome 3?

In order to get the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you have to download Faenza on the computer of yours. it would give you monochromatic for the Panels, toolbars and buttons. It provides colorful squared icons for the device, applications and Gnome menu items. Installation script let you to select the logo for the favorite distribution and appearance of the main menu. You can get the above mentioned software from the official website.

Once you have downloaded the same you have to unpack Faenza and place it at the /usr/share/icons location. Also if you wanted to change the desktop back ground than you have to use the following instructions. You have to go for the Desktop Background and you have to go for the Themes and then you have to click on the Install. It is the most efficient way to make the thing working on the Gnome 3 which you have installed on the computer of yours.

You can use the following instruction which you can use to add any custom applications on the menu of the Gnome 3.
    • You have to install the Alacarte menu editor on the computer of yours by using the following command.
    • Code:
      $ su -c "yum install alacarte"
    • Now you have to click on the Activities and go for Applications and go for Main Menu.

You need to enter the New Item on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

I let you know something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. Well the Faenza icon theme is available to install on the Ubuntu through the PPA repository. You have to lunch the terminal on the computer of yours and execute the following command.
    Code:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme
    so should copy and paste the entire command on the terminal and press enter on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

I let you know that in have installed Faenza on the computer of mine by using the instructions which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. Now I am having icon on the Gnome windows manager of mine. I wanted to say thanks to all the guys for replying with me the possible solution over here. I really wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot again for helping me out.