Thread: How to do key bindings on Gnome 3?

How to do key bindings on Gnome 3?

I am having a particular query which you wanted to ask to all the users of this particular forum. I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. Also I have installed Gnome 3 on the computer of mine. Well I am looking to have key bindings under Gnome 3. I tried to with couple of thing to fix the matter but it did not worked for me at all. Let me know if you are having any specific idea on this matter. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to do key bindings on Gnome 3?

I wanted to share the experience of mine to binding the keys under Gnome 3. Well I have added global hotkeys under the shift, Alt and r so that I can run the following command.
    Code:
    wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe /rand
    after using the above mentioned command Foober seems to be open on the terminal and playing random songs. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be useful to make the thing working.

Well I let you know something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. I have found that the Key bindings would not work at all if you are trying on the Run Command dialog. Also if you wanted make the thing working then you have to run the command on the Terminal. So you should try to run key binding on the system of yours and let me know whether it is working or not.

You can use the emacs key binding on the Gnome windows manager . this is working for Gnome applications to built using the GTK. All the above mentioned bindings should be enabled by default. It seems to be disabled into the default configuration. To re enable the same you have to hit F2 so that gconf-editor . also you can do the same you have to go for the Shell. You need to go for the /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme and you have to change the entry from the Default to Emacs. You have to close the gconf-editor.

Looking at the requirement of mine I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the matter of mine. I am suggesting following command which you can run on the terminal. You should copy and paste the entire command and press enter.
    Code:
    gconftool-2 –set /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme Emacs –type string
    I am hoping that the command which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I think there is a an issue with the Gnome itself. Well I recommend that you should simply reinstall the Gnome on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not. If the issue is still persisting on the computer of yours then I am suspecting that there is a bug issue associated. I think in this particular situation you have to contact the technical support team and look for the further assistance to get the solution.