Thread: Can flash player 10 run on Solaris 10?

Can flash player 10 run on Solaris 10?

I am using Solaris 10 Operating System. I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on sun blade 150. The shockwave Flash 9.0 r 151 plugin appears to work properly. But the flash player 10.2.153 is not working in it. I am getting an error message saying that ‘shared library libssl3.so: no such files or directory’. I know that libssl3.so is present in the Firefox directory. Always my websites are asking me to upgrade Flash player 9 to Flash player 10. So, is there a version of Flash player 10 for my Solaris 10?

Re: Can flash player 10 run on Solaris 10?

Firstly you can check your system requirements by going on to the following link:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/
    You go onto the link and see the available version of the flash player that is available for your Solaris Operating System. It seems that you will be required Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above version of it.
    If you do not find your system requirements matching with it, then try upgrading it.

I am having Solaris 10 with 86 bits. in my Flash plugin version I was also facing the same problem of libssl3.so. It was last working with the Solaris 86 bits with flash player 10. The problem was, whenever I start my Firefox browser, the libraries that were there for Flash Player are searched in the Firefox/depend/lib. I just made a simple change in the link of the library. I changed it from Firefox/depend/lib to Firefox/libssl3.so. After making the changes I dint found any error message further.

I have heard that libss3.so version should be higher to have the Flash Player. National Security Service version should have minimum of 3.11.4 version. But, for Solaris 06, 10 or 11, I don’t hope so that they have it. The problem might be fixed by NSS library update. So you can try this one step method and see whether it is working fine or still you are facing some kind of error messages. If you get so, then please inform what error message you are getting.

You can download the plugins, and see if it is working or not. You can download the plugins and put them on the plugin directory of the Firefox.
    <Mozilla installation directory>/ plugins
    is the default directory for plugins. But for the user’s it is
    $HOME/.mozilla/plugins
    is the default directory. But you can change the user’s plugin directory to environmental variables. You can have
    export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=~/download/plugins
    as an example. Now you can save all the plugins into this directory.

active0000 Guest

Firefox can download the flash plug-in

There are some of the system requirements that are required to install Flash player 10 on your system. As if you are a Solaris user, you should have a CPU of Sun UltraSPARC IIIi running at 1600 MHz, and it is also seen that there should be more RAM for the Solaris System, that is 2 GB of minimum RAM is required. Also talking about the Graphics, you require a minimum of 128 MB of graphics for whatever Operating System you are using. And if you are using a Firefox browser then you must have 3.0 or higher version of it.