Thread: Installer and Uninstaller of Adobe Flash Player is not working

Installer and Uninstaller of Adobe Flash Player is not working

Hey guys I am using 32-bit version of Windows Vista Operating System in my computer. I recently got setup of Adobe Flash Player from my friend and tried to install it in my system. The installation took place without giving any kind of error message but when I tried to run the application, it gave “Not very Descriptive” error message. Now I am unable to uninstall or reinstall the Adobe Flash Player from my system. Please help me. This has being a very irritating issue with my system from a while.

Re: Installer and Uninstaller of Adobe Flash Player is not working

It might be possible that the setup file which you got from your friend might be some corruptfile of Adobe Flash Player and you ended up installing that file which corrupted your system and the registry entries in your Windows Vista running system. So I would suggest you to install any registry editor if the default one is not working. Also download and install any third party uninstaller like the CCleaner and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player which is installed in your system.

Once you are done with uninstalling the corrupt Flash Player from your system, make sure that you have deleted all the related files and folders from your system as well. Once done with the uninstallation process, download the latest available version of Adobe Flash Player from the official website of Adobe Flash Player and install it in your system. Once you have installed the new setup of the Flash Player, reboot your system and check if it is working fine or not.

The error while uninstalling might occur, if you are already using the Adobe Flash Player in any other application. This application can be anything from web browsers to games. So, before uninstalling the installed corrupt files of Adobe flash Player, make sure that all the applications which are using Flash Player are closed. Go to Task Manager and terminate all the applications which are using Flash Player. Once you have done this, continue the uninstallation process.

Check the status of the ActiveX filtering in the web browser which you are using. If you are using Internet Explorer web browser, then go to the following path after opening the Internet Explorer; Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering. You can turn on and off the ActiveX filtering from this following path. If you find it to be turned ON, then please turn off the ActiveX filtering from your web browser and then try to uninstall the Flash Player from your system.

According to me, these issues of unable to install and uninstall Adobe Flash Player even after using its installer and uninstaller respectively might also occur because of some kind of compatibility issue with other applications. It can be even the anti-virus which you have installed in your system, which might be causing this compatibility issue. So I would suggest you to disable the Anti-virus from your system when you are trying to install or uninstall the following application.

The solution is bit of technical and you will be requiring to use Process Monitor. Once you have installed the Process Monitor, follow the below steps:
    • Execute the Adobe Flash Player installer
    • When it is pausing at the first prompt, you will have to start the Process Monitor.
    • Now you have to filter anything else except the Flash Player installer
    • Now continue the Adobe Flash player installation
    • Everything which is encountered, any kind of registry or file problems, the Process Monitor will tell you about it.