Thread: HP Solution Center fails to work after installing Adobe Flash Player

HP Solution Center fails to work after installing Adobe Flash Player

Hey guys, recently I started facing this very irritating issue in my Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) running system. I have been using HP C4580 Photosmart Printer. Recently, some kind of compatibility issues started occurring with the HP Solution Center and the adobe Flash Player which is installed in my system. I am unable to understand but some kind of bug is creating the issue between both the applications. Please help me solve the issue and get rid of it as soon as possible.

Re: HP Solution Center fails to work after installing Adobe Flash Player

I have been using both the HP printer and Adobe Flash Player in my system but, I haven’t noticed any kind of issues with my system unable to run anyone of them. It might be possible that the problem is occurring, because you Adobe Flash Player and the printers drivers which you have installed in your system might be outdated and of an older version. So, I would recommend you to install the latest updates for both Adobe Flash player and your HP printer’s drivers.

You can visit the official website of Adobe Flash Player inorder to get the latest available updates for the Flash player. Also you can visit the official website of HP and search for the latest drivers for your HP C4580 Photosmart Printer. I am suggesting the officials because that would make sure that the drivers and updates which you are installing are fully working one and won’t be infecting or corrupting your system. Once you have completed the updation, restart your system to complete the process of updating.

Thank you for those quick replies. I really appreciate the efforts. I went through the suggestions but nothing seems to be working. Sorry, to not mention in my first post that the problem started occurring only after I updated the Adobe Flash Player to the latest update which was available at the moment. As soon as I updated the Flash Player the problem started occurring after rebooting the system. So, what should I do now as the problem started occurring after I updated the Flash Player? Also, I have installed the RC7 version of the latest update for the Flash Player.

According to me the problem might be causing because you have installed the RC version of the Adobe Flash Player in your system. Just uninstall the following RC version of Flash Player from your system. You can use and uninstaller in order to so. Once you are done with the following, download the final version of Adobe Flash player from its official website and install that setup of Flash Player in your system. This would possible help you solving your problem.

I would recommend you to perform System Restore in your Windows XP SP3 running system in order to get back your system to the point when you had not installed the new update and you were not facing any compatibility issue between the HP printer and the Adobe Flash Player which you installed in your system. There are many posts in this forum which shows the ways in which you can successfully perform system restore in Windows XP system. Follow the steps to get your system back in working condition.

I think you should possible wait for the new update for Adobe Flash Player which would be having a fix for this issue. But still I would recommend you to try few more solutions, like first update the flash player, than uninstall the HP printer which is installed in your Windows XP SP3 system. Make sure that you are completely uninstalling the printer components from your system. Now, restart your system and reinstall the drivers. After installing the drivers, restart your system again and check out whether the problem is solved or not.

I am not sure whether this would work for you but it did do the magic for me. So, I strongly feel that it is worth a try and that is why I am suggesting this to you. Follow the below few steps:
    1. Go to Start > Run and type msconfig in the text field and hit the enter key to start the utility
    2. Now go to the Startup tab and kill the following startup process "hpwuSchd Application"
    3. Nothing to worry about terminating this process as it is of no use; as it is nothing but an automatic update program for HP.
    4. If you run the system without this startup, you Adobe Flash Player will run without any issue