Thread: "No error information is available" error message while installing Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Update

"No error information is available" error message while installing Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Update

Hey guys I have been using Adobe Flash Player from some time now. I have got a desktop PC which is running 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate in my system. Recently, I got a notification about the new updates available for the Flash installed in my system. So I downloaded and tried installing the latest Flash 10.2 update. But while I was installing the following update, I received an error message - “No error information is available” which did not allow me to install the updates. I am confused what to do now. Please help.

Re: "No error information is available" error message while installing Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Update

Your Windows 7 running system might have encountered this error randomly. It might be possible that the files which you required for the updating would have been already used by some other process, thus giving you the error message. So, in this case, I would suggest you to just shut down your computer system and restart it within sometime. Once you have restarted the computer, try to reinstall the latest update for the Adobe Flash player which is installed in your system. It might start installing now.

Re: "No error information is available" error message while installing Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Update

Adobe Flash Player is used by Internet Explorer, games and other web browser. So I would recommend you to make sure that you have closed all the instance of these applications, because the Adobe Flash Player won’t be getting updated unless and until you close these applications. Once you have disabled all the applications, which can possibly use Flash player, install the updates and it will be completed without much errors. Happy to help.

If you are trying to install an offline update, then there is a high chance that the update file which you downloaded might be corrupt and that is why it is showing this kind of error message while you are trying to install the update in your Windows 7 Ultimate running computer. So, I would recommend you to visit the official website of Adobe Flash Player and download the necessary offline update for your Flash player and install it in your system. Also make sure that you are selecting the right file which is for Windows 7 OS.

The problem can also occur if you are trying to install the application from a normal user and not from the administrator profile. If this is the case, then I would recommend you to log in from the Administrator’s account in the system and then try to install the necessary updates for the Adobe Flash Player installed in the system. Or else you can also install the updates from other account which have got similar rights as the admin user. Also if the offline update file is not installing then I would also suggest you to try performing online update, i.e. connecting your system to Internet and directly allowing Adobe Flash Player to install the updates available.

Once more reason behind this issue can be some kind of compatibility issues between different applications which you have installed in your system. This compatibility issue can also arise if the antivirus or any other security or firewall application is not allowing you to install the application in your system. So, I would suggest you to install the updates after disabling the Antivirus installed in your system or Windows Firewall. If you find any compatibility issue between already installed application, then you will have to decide between both the applications, which you want in your system.

Thank you, guys for your replies. With your assistance I was able to find the real culprit behind all this issues in my system. I found out that am application called UltraMon was showing some compatibility issue and was causing the following error message. I ran process Monitor and after filtering out every other process except the install_flash_player.exe file, I noticed that few registry entries where relating to the UltraMon. So what I did was, just closed the UltraMon and then tried to install Adobe Flash Player in my system. And luckily this time, the problem was solved and I was able to install the Flash player in my system successfully.