Thread: Cannot return to monitor standby after fullscreen with adobe flash

Cannot return to monitor standby after fullscreen with adobe flash

Hello everyone, I am stuck with one problem here that I need to resolve. If I use the flashplayer for the fullscreen mode like to play videos on youtube and after that if I try to o to the standby mode then it does not allow me to do that. This is very irritating issue. I am not able to understand that what should I do resolve this problem. If you know some settings or some idea from which this issue can be avoided then please let me know that. I will be glad to get suggestion from anyone of you over here.

re: Cannot return to monitor standby after fullscreen with adobe flash

Which version of the flash player you are using. I would like to tell you that this problem is there in the version earlier than 10.1 and in the version 10.1, this issue has been resolved. I am using the same version and it is running flawlessly. You can also download and install that in your computer and this will resolve the problem that you are facing. Many of the users have solved this problem after updating with the version 10.1, so you should also do the same.

I just examined this through Windows XP as well as Flash Player 10.1.53.38 for Firefox and Internet Explorer 8. In any case prove that he could not play. My monitor went into save mode each time. If there is video playback in the reproduction of it and that sound that it could prevent the closure. I don’t think that it have anything to do with full screen at all. Can you have content that runs in another tab?

If you are having the problem with the all the browsers closed then I don’t think that this is the problem with the Flash Player. Earlier there was some issue with the timing but problem was solved in there subsequent cycle of development. There is possibility that some of the software running in the background of your system is causing the problem for you. So go to the task manager and close any program running like this. Thank you.

There are two things that I can suggest you. First one is that you will have to disable hardware acceleration. So do this and see if that resolves the problem for you. If that solves the problem then it’s Ok but if that does not help you then you can try to update the graphics/video/display drivers. So do these two things and let me know if that resolves the problem or not. I wish that this is going to help you.

Re: Cannot return to monitor standby after fullscreen with adobe flash

I have the similar difficulty in XP SP3. It took me a lengthy time to understand what was causing it. As soon as I go to a site with flash should my screen goes on standby. No matter which browser I use (IE, Firefox or Chrome). Close the browser does not solve the problem. I have tried to methodically execute the processes throughout Task Manager and nothing is resolved. The only answer is to reboot. Very irritating!