Thread: Browser crashes with Flash Player 10.2

Browser crashes with Flash Player 10.2

I am having a large flash application and have installed the Flash Player 10.2 and after installing this, I found that the browser getting crashed after this. I am not able to make use of that. Can you tell me that if this is the problem with only me or there are other users with the same version having problem. If you have some solution that can help me to resolve the issue then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the suggestions.

Re: Browser crashes with Flash Player 10.2

If this is the problem with the flash player then what you can do is just go to the adobe.com and from there update the flash player. There is more possibility that this will resolve the problem for you. I have seen some of the similar cases where doing the update resolve the problem and I wish that it will do the same for you. If that does not resolve the problem then please reply back and we will give you some advanced solution to get out of the issue.

We have tried to isolate the problem to a particular line of code, but have not been able to learn where it could be happening. It's definitely a theme Flash Player 10.2, which is causing some code in our application to crash the browser. We tried to analyze our application in Firefox through the sampling Mac OS and crashes on the same spot each time. We have not been able to decode any of this information, because even the regular Flash Player and method names are obfuscated. If it was the debug player could utilize tracing to get more information regarding where the problem is.

I have a Flex web application. People come to our web application and your browser crashes. This crashes for us (the developers who made the Web application). This is for anyone who uses our web application and are using the newest version of Flash Player 10.2. Whether this is because of an installation problem or there must be a problem with the way Flash Player installed. Run the application with a new installation of Windows 7, Chrome and cool fresh install Flash Player 10.2 installer makes that error log.

It seems that there may be a solution. We managed to follow the theme of a particular switch statement in the code. Wrapping the statement in a try-catch prevented the browser crashinig in our test case. We are still monitoring to see if this has solved the problem in all cases. We probably will go through our code and set all switch statements which perform the complicated calculus (in particular, when an exception might occur) in the try-catch.

This does not occur with every user accounts. There is a particular user account in which we can repeat this 100% of the time, so we can confirm the problem is happening in every area of ​​OS / browser (note all the points contained in my original post) . For some user accounts without verifying the hardware acceleration increases the time before the application crashes. For our user account where you can reproduce the problem 100%, to immobilize hardware acceleration makes no difference. With this user account you did not have the problem using the Flash Player debugging or 10.2 of the FP player 10.1.