Thread: Logging on Skype gives "Hotspot not supported" error message

Logging on Skype gives "Hotspot not supported" error message

Hey guys I am running Windows 7 Operating System in my computer and have been using Skype messenger from pretty long time in order to stay in contact with friends and family. But recently while trying to use Skype, especially at the time of logging in to my Skype account, I am getting this particular "Hotspot not supported" error message. Can anyone help me regarding this error message? Why I am getting this message and what should I do in order to get rid of it.

Re: Logging on Skype gives "Hotspot not supported" error message

There might be some kind of problem with the Skype messenger which you have installed in your Windows 7 running system. It might have got corrupted by some virus or missing links or issues with registry key entries. So, I would suggest you to uninstall the Skype which you have installed in your system at present and make sure that you are removing all the possible files related to it. Once done with the following, reinstall the Skype application in your system and then try to login into your account.

I also faced the Hotspot not supported error message while I was trying to logging in to my Skype account. After searching alot on the issue i discovered that it was an issue with my Wi-Fi connection which was causing this issue to occur. So, according to me, firt you must make sure that your Wi-Fi/WLan connection is working perfectly fine. If possible, call up your Internet Service Provider and re-setup you connection. It did solve my issue, so i feel it is worth a try.

Thank you, guys for showing interest in my issue. I really appreciate your efforts. But, unfortunately I did not find any working solution in your suggestions. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Skype messenger from my system but with no success. I even downloaded the latest available version of Skype from the official website of Skype, but nothing seems to be working for me at the moment. Please, somebody help me solve my problem. Any more suggestions and help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The Hotspot not supported error seems to be very common while using Skype. I also started facing the same issue with my Skype after I update it to the latest update. So, this seems to be an issue from the Skype side only. The best solution for this issue, according to me is to wait for the Skype officials to solve the issue. You will need to wait for Skype to release its new update. Hopefully, it must be solving the "Hotspot not supported" error message. If not this, just uninstall the current Skype messenger from your system and install an earlier version of it which was working in your system.

I am not sure about the real cause behind this error message but I strongly believe that it must be occurring because of some proxy issues in your system. Just check out for the Hotspot Shield option near the system tray. You will find it anywhere next to the volume or the time notification option in the system tray on the bottom right side of your monitor screen. Right click on the Hotspot Shield icon on system tray and click on exit option. You can even uninstall the Hotspot shield from your computer. This would probably allow the Skype messenger in your system to connect to the Skype server.

I strongly feel this issue is related to the antivirus or the firewall of your Windows 7 system. In this case I would suggest you to perform the following task:
    • Start Run. You can do this either by clicking on the Windows orb and then typing Run in the search field and then clicking on the search result or you can press and hold the windows key in your keyboard followed by pressing the R key.
    • Type msconfig in the text field and click on OK or Press the Enter key.
    • Click on Startup tab and then click on the disable all option which you will see at the bottom of the msconfig window.
    • Finally click on Apply and the OK button to apply and agree to the changes which you have done.
    • Now the system will prompt for restart, so please restart your system in order to bring the changes into effect.