Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Outlook Express, K9 Spam filter and .wmv

Windows Software

Old 21-06-2011

unsure Outlook Express, K9 Spam filter and .wmv

I am running XP SP3 with Outlook Express (ver 6) for email and Robin Keir's K9 spam filter. I use AVG 2011 free edition. I use Firefox 4, and IE8 when I must. I am receiving all emails that I want and all attachments are included except .wmv's. The email gets through with AVG's "No virus found in this message." msg, which indicates the email was scanned and passed as OK, but no attachment and no indication why.

The AVG "Remove Attachments" box is unticked and the "Do not allow attachments" box in OE is also unticked. I don't think K9 is the problem as it only classes mail as spam or good, as far as I can see.

It's more annoying than anything but I would not be surprised if others with my standard configuration don't have the same problem.

Old 01-07-2011

Re: Outlook Express, K9 Spam filter and .wmv

As far as i know that the attachments in Emails is scanned automatically by the email clients before download or open it. For example Gmail and yahoomail. You might notice in it that when click on any attachment it will first show you as scanning for viruses then it will start downloading. Even if you are using Outlook, the AVG antivirus will not scan it once again because it is already synchronized with your outlook.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,