Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

libvdpau and multilib support in Adobe flash

Windows Software

Old 20-06-2011

libvdpau and multilib support in Adobe flash

From the time when flash supports VDPAU I required to build it work. VDPAU and correct full-display on multi-monitor set up is supported simply by 32-bit edition of flash. I have installed 32-bit flash and nspluginwrapper except at rest, I couldn't make flash to utilize VDPAU backend. The trouble was lack of 32-bit edition of libvdpau. Following getting right version of libvdpau the whole thing works fine. I don't make out how long we should hang around for 64-bit adobe-flash through VDPAU support; therefore I assume 32-bit edition of libvdpau must be shipped through app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-medialibs?

Old 20-06-2011

Re: libvdpau and multilib support in Adobe flash

With support for Linux and NVIDIA GPU acceleration, it is clear that the Linux edition use VDPAU to make sure their support. In fact, VDPAU offers perfect performance and it works perfectly with elder hardware to transfer HD video playback on the GPU rather than CPU. Additionally, NVIDIA continues to continually deal with the execution of VDPAU (Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix). As we all recognize, support is offered by VDPAU MPlayer, FFmpeg , MythTV , Xine, VLC Media Player , XBMC and further multimedia apps.
Old 20-06-2011

VDPAU is NVIDIA Linux video acceleration API, which was published about two years ago. The Video Decode and Presentation API for UNIX is open and the other manufacturers can support this update into their video decoding engines in their drivers. But so far only supports NVIDIA's proprietary driver VDPAU. Support for VDPAU has made its way through almost all major Linux Multimedia.Application - including MythTV, VLC and MPlayer.
Old 20-06-2011

Since I switched to Nvidia I have a fixed idea, which is the hardware acceleration for video decoding. VDPAU libraries are supported by Flash Player 32-bit, not (yet) from 64-bit version: video cards AMD are excluded. This situation is likely to change with Flash 10.4 to be released later this year. If your OS is 32-bits, and the same is true for Flash support VDPAU will not need additional devices: just install libvdpau1 of Ubuntu , for example. You can verify the actual operation on the page dedicated to Stage Video. With Linux 64-bit speech is a bit 'more complex.
Old 20-06-2011

As you know, the current version Adobe Flash Player for 64-bit Linux systems does not exist. Yes, there's Square. But it is not updated and GPU-decoding video in it. You have to use 32-bit version. Actually, many users of 64-bit systems, this is unlikely to be a revelation. But for those who are not too over this thought or, as I only went with 32-bit to 64-bit: you just need to install 32-bit libraries libvdpau.
Old 24-06-2011

First, up to 10.4 you will need to install Flash Player 32-bit version of Rich Internet Applications (RIA), Adobe even on 64-bit systems. Linux uses nspluginwrapper and Ubuntu has a package dedicated: it is flashplugin-installer. You need the nVidia proprietary drivers because the open source ones do not. I have often referred to Ubuntu, because the process I describe is particularly dedicated to this distribution: in fact, identifying the package equivalent VDPAU libraries can be taken on any other. You do not need special dependencies: it is a matter of copying some files Package 32-bit manually.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,