Thread: Compatibility Issue of Skype with Windows 7

Compatibility Issue of Skype with Windows 7

Hello guys, I usually use Skype messenger to chat with my friends and other buddy, I have been using Skype on my Windows XP and in Windows XP it was working absolutely fine I was not having any kind problem when I was using windows xp but recently I have upgraded my system to Windows7 after installing the windows7 normally every hour I encounter some or the other errors, problem like sometime it stops working, sometime there is no sound while chatting. This problem is irritating me a lot. So please help me out regarding this problem.

re: Compatibility Issue of Skype with Windows 7

You need not worry regarding this, as you told that you were first using windows XP in your system that time it was working fine and you didn’t have any problem using Skype your problem took place after upgrading your system so you must have installed previous version of Skype, windows7 has compatibility issue with version you must use the latest version which is compatible with windows7 otherwise you will face problem. So, I would recommend you to download the latest version of Skype like Skype 5.3 or latest if released from their official site. This will help you in solving your problem

As you are telling that you are having different problems in using Skype. I wanted to know that if it gave you problem in installing Skype in windows7 because if it gave you problem in installing then your installation file must be corrupted because of virus or any Trojan that have corrupted your setup.exe file you can solve this problem by running a system clean up by some registered Anti-virus and after that Downloading a new setup file of Skype which must be of latest version. If it a problem of virus then it will help you. Try it out.

You mention in your problem that you are having some sound problem while chatting as you said now you are using windows7, you didn’t specified which soundcard you are using so if you are using HT Omega Striker sound Card then follow the following steps in order to solve your problem
    • Disconnect your internet connection, so that your Skype should not sign in automatically.
    • Open windows device manager and disable the HT Omega Striker sound card but do not uninstall it.
    • After disabling your sound card connect your internet
    • Now sign into your Skype account as usual you do.
    • Now in your Skype Account goto tools -> Options -> go to sound effects page and mute all sound effect, and ensure that you mute all of them.
    • Now enable your HT Omega Striker.
    • After following these simple steps your Skype should work fine, regarding sound problem in Skype.

Hey if you are still facing problem in using your Skype then you must go to the Official site of Skype, Skype is using ‘‘Jira Issues Tracker'' to report problems in Skype software. You have to login in jira account in order to report issue regarding Skype and ensure that you are signing in with your user ID and password of Skype with jira, when you login in jira your user id and password are not saved in jira. However when you login for the first time in jira you need to setup a jira account by entering details, in order to allow the system to keep track of your request made by you.