Thread: Unable to make Calls in Skype 5.3

Unable to make Calls in Skype 5.3

I just upgraded my Skype 4.2to 5.3 and after that I cannot call anyone. If I perform that it says Skype stopped functioning and it is closed mechanically. I removed Compatibility and Automatic update options but at a standstill it’s not functioning. What can I do? I really not able to find any solution for this, this is really annoying now. Please if anyone here has any idea or any useful information for me which help me to solve this issue than please provide me.

Re: Unable to make Calls in Skype 5.3

Just right click on Computer symbol and choose Manage or depart to Control Panel - Administrative tools and choose Computer Management. You can as well enter compmgmt.msc in Windows Start Search/Run box. All this will unlock Computer Management window. Choose Event Viewer – Custom Views – Administrative Events. Seem for any messages with a time stamp close to the time of Skype collide. As well, while you get the error message “Skype stopped functioning ...” there might as well be an alternative to “View trouble details”. Choose this alternative and make a copy of the details.

The trouble is the similar as quite lots of other users have with SiS Mirage 3 display driver and the most recent edition of Skype. If you make a search on this forum for SISGRUMD.DLL you will discover lots of other posts with the similar error message. The only presently obtainable solution (to my knowledge) is to replace the installed driver with unique driver from the chip manufacturer. This is just a suggestion and not even mine.

I don’t self have any skill with SiS drivers and would not like to be guilty for any troubles, which this suggestion can make for you. In any case, I would powerfully recommend that earlier than doing any driver update you make a restore point, so you can all the time revert to the old settings. I am looking currently on the SiS website. There is a large caution written with red capital letters and you necessitate accepting the over conditions. After that you should choose the SiS UniVGA5 graphics driver and download it to your PC.

This is what my Event viewer illustrated this morning. Skype was functioning well last night and for the last quite a lot of days and I did not modernize anything. Now it won't initiate. I just dig up "Skype is not functioning". I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It illustrates that it is installed; however, I at a standstill get "Skype is not functioning" while I attempt to unlock it. Skype 5.3 looks to be functioning well on my Windows Vista 7 Home Premium 64-bit computer, but not the Windows 7 one.

The error message that you have stated here, most probably has not anything to accomplish with the Skype application. It is the so called Secure Channel blunder and you get it at any time you are visiting the forum page by utilizing Internet Explorer. There is a known insect on the forum site but aside from making this irritating error message, it’s safe. You necessitate unlocking your Windows Even Viewer – Administrative events and seeming for error messages straight related to Skype.