Thread: Skype 5.3 crashes when on call

Skype 5.3 crashes when on call

I am having gigabyte motherboard. I am using Skype 5.3 version. I am getting some sort of mad stuff's with Skype. Basically my Skype is getting crashed. The problem is that when I am calling a friend, then the connection is established and when the call is connected, then suddenly Skype displays crash error message. Thus after that Skype gets shutdown. Please provide some solutions to it to solve the problem of Skype.

Re: Skype 5.3 crashes when on call

I also had issue with Skype 5.3 it would initiate and then crash. I mean just open and then quit, you can say it disappear. I am using Windows 7 64 Bit. After searching for this issue he solution for me was to go to the start menu right click on SKYPE then open Properties > compatibility >compatibility mode then remove the tick from. "Run this application in compatibility. This worked for me I expect it works for you and would be able to use Skype properly.

If you are getting an error while calling to someone then you should have appropriate driver. Some would be getting Skype has been crashed or some would be getting Skype stopped working error message. So for this the driver you need is the chipset driver. You have mentioned that you are having Gigabyte motherboard, thus you should find the chipset driver for it and install it on your computer. Thus it would avoid such problem anymore

You can try to have a updated version of it. You are using Skype 5.3 version, look for their website and download a newer version of it and setup that on your computer. Even as mentioned about chipset driver, so also download the newer version of it, by going to Gigabyte website and setup these same. Now then see the changes on your computer by restarting your computer. The changes take effect only after restart.

The updated version can fix the issue of Skype crash, but you can try to solve the issue by uninstalling the existing application. When doing that sees that you also remove all the entries of Skype from registry editor. This is because there are still some entries left in registry when application is uninstalled. After this install back the application version you want, see to it that you install the correct application; it should be genuine from official Skype site.

If the problem which you are facing is still not solved even by referring the above solutions then you should contact the support site. You should try to contact them and let them know about their issue. You can leave a mail having your query to them. The support would definitely revert back to you with the possible solutions to it. Thus you can have a try for these solutions and this would also help you to make the calls from your Skype.