Thread: Dial Pad stops working once call gets connected in Skype

Dial Pad stops working once call gets connected in Skype

Hey guys I am running 64-bit Windows 7 in my system. I have been using Skype messenger to call my friends and family. But recently I have started facing this very irritating problem which using the dial pad. Once the call gets connected, the Dial Pad stops responding. It stops working completely. Usually when performing the cal, we are asked to enter three different selections, press 1 for English, 2 for account information and 3 for all get info about the recent activities which you were involved in. But now when I am trying to enter my account number, the dial pad will start up with its problem and makes weird noises. What must be the problem and how I can solve the issue more efficiently?

Satyrs Guest

re: Dial Pad stops working once call gets connected in Skype

There are two ways of making calls using the Dial Pad. Either you can use the Graphic on screen interface or the keyboard in order to make call. So, first of all I would like to suggest you that, if you are using the keyboard in order to make calls, then I would recommend you to try using the Graphic on screen interface inorder to complete the call. Or else if you are using the Graphic on screen interface then you should probably try using the graphic on screen interface to solve the issue. By doing so, you will get a clear view which among both is better.

According to me the problem might be occurring because you are using wrong dial pad. So, first make sure that the dial pad which you where using were compatible with your system and whether it is the right one for you. Sometimes the problem occurs when you are using some application which is not at all compatible with your system. If the Dial Pad which you have installed seems to be not working one for you, then I would suggest you to search for a compatible one on Internet.

The problem might also occur if the Skype software which you are using to create call is outdated or if you are using an earlier version of Skype in your system. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have updated your Skype application which you have installed in your system. You can update the Skype directly, by starting the GUI of Skype and then clicking on Help and then on Update option in the drop down list. This will make the system search for the new updates for your Skype and download the updates for the same on Internet.

You mentioned that you are running 64-bit Windows 7 Operating system. So I would suggest you to first make sure that you have installed 64-bit Skype software in your system. If there is difference between the version of software and your OS (32-bit software application and 64-bit OS) then there is a possibility that both won’t be compatible with each other and will surely create some kind of issues and will hamper the normal functioning of each other while running the app to you.

Thank you, guys for posting your quality replies. I really appreciated the time and effort which you spend on sharing your suggestions with me. I went through them. First, I am running 64bit version of the Skype application. Also the Skype which is installed din my system is updated. But I am sorry that I did not give you all the updates about the issue. The problem actually started, after I updated Skype application, all this trouble started occurring. So can anyone tell me now, what must be the issue and what I can do in order to solve the problem?

Re: Dial Pad stops working once call gets connected in Skype

This issue seems to be some kind of problem from the Skype side and not with your system. So, the only suggestion which I can give you at this moment is to wait for the new updates to release. I am sure Skype officials might have noticed this issue as many people are complaining about it and they will surely be working on the issue and get it solved. Or else uninstall the Skype that you have installed and download the version of Skype which was working perfectly fine without any issues.