Thread: Web server Vulnerabilities Patches

Web server Vulnerabilities Patches

I used to operate LAMP Web server and only make available port 80 and port 443 for the people usage, so just want to know that is there any security update or CUPS or any other things that’s doesn’t includes in service and will also be there on the open port or if yes than can it can hacked by someone else, will be hack by using software hacking software like Metasploit or a little definite hack that vulnerability only if when that two ports are open, so as if someone know about it, then please post here with your answer, as will mean to me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Re: Web server Vulnerabilities Patches

If you find ever face the problem with the port, try to remove it from the system and or just do a little effort to patch it. This will clear you from the hesitation when something goes wrong with your system and also when the firewall use to be offline for more than 2-3 hours and some service get auto-start as because by mistake you forget to remove or restrict the script from affecting your system, in this way you can prevent your ports open for public by get hacked from hackers.

You are using ports 80 and 443 that means you are expose to most of the attacks from the hackers and will also gonna affect your host applications. This means that you have to keep the existing versions of the framework which you are using or if you are using any software for hosting. And you take a view over the logs than for sure you might get a lot numbers of entries relating to phpadmin, joomla, wp-admin and many more and from them most of application are not even in use.

Hacker got change to enter into public ports most of the time, and reason for it also have been all time similar, it happen when people don’t use to upgrade their current version such like web application (jomla, word press or Dtnetnuke). And at the time when vulnerability report comes to your system, not much more than a 2 hours your system is gonna attack by hackers and if you use to upgrade your port on regular basis than the hacker might not get change to access your port.

As your posted your question to get answer from the technical expert, as most of the time I had seen that major number of people use to search this on Google for patch and get no result of it, as I per my knowledge on public ports, security measures is the major problem exist there. So if can update your than that will be the best way to secure your software you has hosted on your site or you also have a another option to put a extra layer specified for defending the ports. Post me here with a reply if you unable to secure your open ports from hacker.

Seems like you are much concern to save you system from the outside hacker and if the auto update and additional defensive software don’t prove to be useful for that the best way to update you ports by downloading the update patches manually like database updates cms updates and kernel updates you will also need to download asap updates, so just download them from patches side and also the latest version, the inclusion of update patches are gonna strengthen your ports.