Thread: How to write the files to root of drive as an admin in windows 7?

How to write the files to root of drive as an admin in windows 7?

Anyone have the idea why someone needs a administration account for writing files to the root of the drives, as I have Windows 7 install on my Computer and as what I think that Microsoft have intentionally in the system, but I my knowledge there nothing a useful reason for doing it! For instance for copying files on the USB pen drive, you have to be a administrator while putting them on the root but when I want to put them on the sub folder, it can be done without using administrator. Waiting for reply from your side.

Re: How to write the files to root of drive as an admin in windows 7?

Sure there will be reason behind , as what I think that it must be done by Microsoft people for protecting the root of internal drives that you can for the safety of C- drives, while you can root it, and that it also not much difficult, you can do it by accessing with default NTFS permits. And also for the portable driver and the protection of them have been coded. What is the reason behind putting the code for the root, is not still properly clear to me.

Yep there was restriction on numerous files and folders which was there in former version than NTFS, but I think with the system having NTFS should have this advance option, as what I had heard from my fellows, but not sure on that point, but I can tell you that keeping this limitation for domain is for maintaining security for the system, as by this no harm to the system can be done by second person, and only administrator will have access to do that.

As per my knowledge and gathered information, the external drivers use to be NTFS and FAT or FAT32, and it’s doesn’t make much difference for it. And I am not understanding that why you desire to save file on root, as even not being a admin user you can save data on other drivers too, so if something even goes wrong in system also your Data will be protected, so as what I recommend is not try much trick on which on admin have access, and simply stores your data on other “d-drive” or any other place else than C- Drive.

And while rooting on the external drives, if you facing any problem that’s means you are not using safe file system, and it will also depends on what file system is there in the drive, as most of the time, it have been seen that USB drives are FAT or FAT32, so they are not using NTFS for rooting, so putting file via root on external drives, wouldn’t be a point of concern. So I hope this information will prove to be useful for you. While rooting the external drives.

I had tried this, and not facing problem in it at all, till you don’t have any problem in your system, you have to restore the flash drive and portable drives etc. then you have to go in C drive and make a folder name “test” you will not have problem in doing it and after “text” if you add something then it will not gonna work for you and than in that folder you will able to save or modify your files and data and even I used to operate as a non administrator user and having UAC loaded completely. You are able to make folder and save data but even then also your are not have permit to do add any files in root.