Thread: How to Install GoToMeeting on Windows7 without any elevated privileges?

How to Install GoToMeeting on Windows7 without any elevated privileges?

Hello I had just installed Windows 7 as on laptop which I had given to all my personnel and after that one problem had installed noticed by me that I am unable to install client like GoToMeeting without giving any identification proof, the security concern have been raise up to the higher level extent with windows 7, it was never a problem with me when there was XP install on the Laptops, as my company is not much big, so working around without such client is not much big problem for me but as my workers use to travel much more, it is necessary for to install on them as on each problem and quires I have to guide them. so what want to ask here , is It possible with some local policy that I can permit me to install these client without any privilege? Looking for your effective answers. Thanks

Re: How to Install GoToMeeting on Windows7 without any elevated privileges?

You are asking for a client through which you will able to connect to your employees, but really as per my knowledge about windows 7, there is any software available in the market for the restricting the system for to perform installation procedure, but here is hope with software like AppLocker it a control policy application as are too much useful for this purpose, in this you have to clear separately to each users with their problem and it is build to support only for Windows 7 ultimate and Enterprise versions, so as it is not compatible with XP and Vista.

There you can install GoToMeeting also on windows 7 just follow the way as I am stated here, first you have go in the route of your Local account and keep in mind that you can even use the PeDMan after going into it you will be able to change your password manually, and now will able to install GoToMeeting without any restriction your operation system, here after this you can also access the update process of GoToMeeting as it will not going to ever comes up with the identity problem.

You can give a try to WebEx meeting will be the perfect substitute for GoToMeeting, it will allow you connect your employee, doesn’t matter where they are and will it the totally automatic download and installed included software but if you windows 7 restricting it to install without giving identification password, than before that you have to install meeting manager installer and run it while installing WebEx and it after that Windows7 will not ask for any privilege for installing not even while using it .

You can try CrossLoop which will allows you a faster and simpler and fully free route which will allow you friend, colleagues or your worker to get into connect with you, and all system will be given with a 12 digit permit code which will you have to insert every time whenever you open your system and while when you want to interact, than you have to give that Code to the front person and as per my knowledge and information gather, you will not ask for any privilege from you.

You can give try to Yugma also, as it a freeware web alliance client which will allow people directly connect over the internet to interact and share data and chat on it. No matter what you are using Windows, Linux or Mac computer, you can go on demand or either with real time with your workers, at a time you connect upto 20 people, and it will not ask any identification proof while using, and had excellent features, so you can try out Yugma and it will surely prove to be useful for you.