Thread: iertutil.dll file missing thus computer won’t start

iertutil.dll file missing thus computer won’t start

I am using windows XP operating system on my computer. In order to get prevent from virus and several other spywares on my computer I have installed superantispyware on my computer. I did whole installation procedure properly and at last it asked me for restart. So when I restarted my computer then I got a message saying iertutil.dll file missing. I don’t know why this error occurred. So help me to recover my computer again.

Re: iertutil.dll file missing thus computer won’t start

When I read your query then I first thought that the antispyware which your installed on your computer have caused this problem. So I searched for this program over internet and I found that it is an antispyware which is used by many users. So probably such a popular program doesn’t cause such problems. But in your case you might have got some buggy program. So verify that you got a legitimate program and let me know again.

it is factual that few software are having problems. I mean some of them are infected may be because of some reasons and creates errors in the system. I will foremost advise you to attach your hard drive in a working system and get the data backup manually. Because as your computer is not getting started so you should have a data backup, so after this you can go for any recovery process. I am telling you this because doing this process may lose your initial data

I have searched for this file and then found that it is a file which is needed for running internet explorer. It is a necessary file, and yes this file would have got corrupted may be because of SuperAntispyware. I believe that the system got infected may be because of false program which you installed on your computer. You should try to boot in safe mode and just check that whether you are able to get into your system and if possible try to search for the problem.

In order to start your system you can use Windows XP recovery disc. This would repair all the files which are missing on your computer. This also won’t delete any of your data; it will just replace all the existing files and replace it with new files. As internet explorer is an inbuilt application of windows operating system, so repairing whole windows would also fix this missing file issue of your computer. Thus I guess this way your computer would start properly.

I have found that several users are getting this error. One of my friends got this problem, in his situation he just got an error popup; his computer was just starting normally. So for fixing this issue he downloaded a utility called IEFix. Just search for this utility over web and this application will assist you to restore the file. Actually it will copy all the needed system files in your Windows directory and thus your problem would be solved. This will work only if you are able to boot with windows.

If anyhow you are able to start your system by doing above solutions then I recommend you to reinstall the internet Explorer on your computer. The repair process would disappear the problem, but that one would be outdated. Thus when you install any new program then it affects your computer applications, this time internet explorer. So always it is recommended to have an updated version of it. So that in future you don’t get similar problem