Thread: Memory leak in Safari while surfing

Memory leak in Safari while surfing

Recently I am suffering from a unique problem in my MAC PC which is running Snow leopard with latest version. I have been browsing in Safari all open whole day long and I run numerous additional programs. While checking the system status I found that the Safari is at the pinnacle of the register intended for memory usage by an extensive approach. From the past several weeks it has got extremely terrible, and appears to have got much poorer through 10.6.7. Is this issue can be fixable?

Re: Memory leak in Safari while surfing

Initially, switch toward private browsing, afterward reset Safari thus it clears cache as well as history. If, since I think, the trouble related to caching pages inside history and building them searchable, afterward private browsing ends your browser old files and history. It's a tack hammer loom, except might aid. Secondly, switch toward an additional browser. Since I type this I am utilizing SRWare Iron, a chromium basis browser devoid of every one of the Google tracking. It is fast as much as necessary in support of my uses and actual memory up to now is concerning 85 MB

I think that the problem is due to number of extension and plug-ins enabled in your safari browser. It would be helpful if your disable or remove several not needed extension or any additional things. Extensions can be a enormous offender too. Whilst Safari still kept drinking memory, it was fewer by them off. Recognized a few that are poorer than others except it's a difficult job unhappily. Furthermore, Flash does create it inferior even though there is a part process that must hold that.

I don't believe it's Safari's responsibility. Following update toward 10.6.6 I've observed issues through virtual memory. It gets the entire free hard disk space no matter what spongy I employ. I make use of my macbook for internet as well as movies. I didn't have whichever issues with virtual memory prior to 10.6.6 update and currently I have "Starup disk is almost full" pop up no less than once for 2 days. I must close each and every one programs, hang around a short time, and afterward disk space comes back. I believe there is a massive trouble with 10.6.6.

This is probably clear a memory leak. Do you have the latest version on it? I have Safari 5.0.4, is just a while because I've screwed to web design does not install any plug-ins or similar -* and for normal surfing, I use Chrome, Safari so this is not completely "virgin". However, he has been running for several hours but stupid as he does not need 50 MB of RAM. Presumably you've still a crap installed somewhere, perhaps even remains a plug-in or something else in that direction. If Apple delivers something that would be very unfortunate.

Safari is with me already repeatedly noticed by its high memory consumption, even with a completely re-installed OS X. About the causes I can only speculate, but tends to increase the memory usage of Safari, if this long time, uses it without reboot in between. Whether the problem is triggered by specific content (e.g. pages with many images, scripts or Flash elements) is unclear to me, but text-only pages appear to have an impact not so noticeably. If one looks in Google for keywords like "safari" along with "memory leak", "memory hog" and similar terms, it turns out relatively quickly that many users have this behavior has been about 3 years complain.