Thread: Help With Window Media Player 11

Help With Window Media Player 11

Ok...this will take some explanation. I have an enourmous cd collection that I have amassed over the the last 21 years. I estimate around 1,500. Recently I decided to import them to my PC (w/Windows XP) so I could have immediate access to them rather than having to go to the warehouse where I keep them.
    So for the last 3 years I have worked on this project off an on using SonicStage 4.3 that came with the Sony minidisc player I bought in 2004. Uptil recently I have never had a problem with it. To simplify, I ran out of room on the C drive and started having the software place the imported cds on an external drive and that seems to have confused the software no end. After running the backup tool and the conversion tool, my collection on the SS software went to pieces. So I decided to try the Windows Media Player 11 to import the cds.
    I have ran into a rather odd problem: I can import a cd that has just one artist with no problem. But if I put in a cd-r that has two different artists, I am unable to seperate the two in My Libray. I followed the same procedure that I used with Sonicstage:

(1) Select the Rip tab and the list of tracks appears.
    (2) I check the tracks that belong to Band A for the WMP11 to rip. I also edit the Artist information on the first track.

When the software is done ripping, I go to the My Library tab to check on the file. The problem starts when I try to import the rest of the files from the cd that would go under a different artist, let's say Band B. I use the same exact procedure above, including editing the the first track to be ripped artists' name thinking that WMP 11 just place these ripped files in a seperate folder in the My Library...but it don't.

Everytime I try this, the software will rip the entire cd, whether I check the boxes or not, and place all of them under one artist, depending on what artist I put in the first track it rips. I cannot seperate two seperate artists because the software treats every track as one artist. Is there anyway around this? If not, I will just have to find another software.

Re: Help With Window Media Player 11

OK in that case i must say that windows media player is taking every song under one artist. So what you should i so in such situation is that you must look at the windows media player try and edit some of the information of the particular song and then name the particular artist. If it is not getting saved then there is some problem with the library of the windows media player, reload the library again and see if the problem is sorted out. hope that helps in solving the problem.