Thread: Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Error # 0xc0000142

Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Error # 0xc0000142

I had install a vlite install in my mini9 having operation system window 7 and now I’m getting few problem, whenever I’m trying to open Computer Management or Device Manager I get an error mmc.exe Error # 0xc0000142 and I cant able start the application normally click ok to close the application and other which run as a .MSC is not working properly and showing the same error mmc.exe Error # 0xc0000142.

Re: Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Error # 0xc0000142

If want to get rid of this then grab the latest service pack for Microsoft windows XP. Microsoft had provided with hot fix information only apply in the system in which you’re facing the specific issue. This hot fix may required addition testing and if you’re facing the similar problem again and again then waits for an appropriate hot fix that contain it. And if you want your problem to be solved quickly then contact Microsoft Product Support Services.

Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is a framework. If u want to open MMC then click on start and then type MMC and hit enter in run. To open saved snap in console you can use the command line option. Administrators of a system can use environment variable to create command lines MMC c:\winnt\system32\console_name,no other user other then Admin can use the expanded data string %Systemroot% for a location.

You can add the snap-ins and run your application. To add the snap just click on file menu of an MMC console and the go to add or remove snap in and then from available snap in select an appropriate snap to add and click on add it will add up in selected snap in. you can even remove the snap by selecting an appropriate snap from selected snap in list and then click on remove when your finishing adding or removing the snap then click on ok and your are done with it.

It is due to remote access server console disconnected abnormally which may corrupt it. you can easily resolve it click on start and then click on run and type regsvr32 C:\Windows\system32\msxml3.dll and then hit ok and wait until it show the message DLL had being successfully registered now open window explorer and then type this on address bar C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\MMC now look for the file in the folder with the name MSC change the name to filename _old and your error will be resolve.