Thread: Nvidia drivers causing DVD drive failure

Nvidia drivers causing DVD drive failure

Few days back I installed nvidia drivers on my newly bought computer, my computer was working fine till than but later I found that my DVD drive does not work properly whenever I install nvidia drivers, and when I click on the drive the window explorer gets locked is this the problem with all of you? Can anyone please help me with this problem!

Re: Nvidia drivers causing DVD drive failure

Have you installed all the drivers properly as, if the drivers are not installed properly some of the functions does not work properly so this might be the reason why your DVD drive has stop working properly I think you should check with your drivers and reinstall them replacing the old one as even one of my friend was facing similar kind of problem with his computer which was then solved by reinstalling the drivers hope it works even with your computer.

Have you checked with the configuration settings on your computer if not then check with the configuration settings if all the settings are proper in case If you find that the settings are not proper you check the settings in the manual or reset the settings to default after configuring all the settings check if your DVD drive Is working properly or not hope it will work properly.

I am very much thankful for your given reply as suggestion given by you I had checked all the drivers and even reinstalled them but even after reinstalling the drivers my DVD drive was not working properly so I tried the second option of checking the configuration settings I had re arranged the settings but even that didn’t work so I had reset the settings to default settings and found the result to be the same as earlier I could not find what exactly is the problem! Please help.

It may be that the drivers of your computer are not up to date as this could be the reason why your DVD drive is not working properly so kindly update the drivers of your computer including the DVD drivers firmware to the latest updated version as old version sometimes does not perform all the functions properly as this might be blocking your DVD drive from working properly firmware update will defiantly solve your problem.