Thread: Recent nVidia drivers and DWM conflict on Windows Vista and windows 7

Recent nVidia drivers and DWM conflict on Windows Vista and windows 7

Hey hi, I own a NVIDIA GPU for my machine, and in that as somehow I have noticed that the recent drivers didn’t clock speed down even after properly closing the games. And there is also another issue with the drivers, like it bumping up speed when we open any such application with the game, I think there is some issue in the DWM detection / Desktop Composition 3D, at some point it gets detected, and sometimes it conflicts, is there anyone having the same issue, need some help. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Recent nVidia drivers and DWM conflict on Windows Vista and windows 7

According to me this is because of the operating system, you haven’t mentioned anything but if suppose you are running windows 7 in your machine, then I am quite sure about the issue, that it is because of the incompatibility with the operating system only, thus you should check that first, and as far as I know NVIDIA has released some new drivers for the windows 7 as you should download that only, I hope this would work.

See I was also having the same glitch and because of the direct X set up, let me explain you, if suppose you are using the DX10 , the DWM will use the same amount of consistent system memory, and off course no matter how many windows are open, the system memory will always remain high, thus you can change that also, and then try to run the same, I am not sure but some conflict would be minimized.

It seems your Desktop Window Manager is causing this error, I would say this might be some hardware glitch, because sometimes it happens that whenever we start the machine it detects the drivers, and sometimes it doesn’t, I would suggest you that you should try check the same with another GPU, it would be little bit difficult of discovering which would be better. And according you your post it seems is a hardware issue with the SLI bridge on one of the GPU's.

This is surely a hardware issue because if it was a software issue then might could affect many other PC’s also, not yours only. I would say you should mentioned some error code that you have got, because without that it very difficult to recommend you something. Or if suppose this is the software issue, then it is because of the operating system because windows 7 is not very much compatible with t he Nvidia, and for that you have to wait for some time for the actual driver release.

See as you have mentioned that the problems is a conflict between the windows and the DWM, I think the services that is offered by the DWM is being corrupted and thus you might have been having these, thus I would say you should try to restart those services first, and then you can at least determine, that what next you have to do in order to avoid the same, driver reinstallation may fix the problem, you can check that also.