Thread: iTunes unable to play albums in proper order

iTunes unable to play albums in proper order

Hi guys I am using old MacBook pro in which I am using iTunes for my music library. My music library is very large it’s around 265GB and it was working perfectly. Before some days I have added some more songs to my library and after that my system has started giving me some problem. Now whenever I play any song after that it starts playing the next track randomly and it does not play any tracks in proper order. Please tell me what should I do to fix this issue.

Re: iTunes unable to play albums in proper order

I have gone through your problem and I think you are facing this problem because of some missing tracks In your library. It means if after updating the library if you have erased and tracks or moved any tracks from its original location then that can be a reason because if you have moved any tracks or folder then your iTunes will not able to play that tracks and it will play some other tracks. So first make sure that you have not changed any file location.

As you have said in your post that you are not able to play your tracks in proper order then I think you have to first try to solve the problem by updating the library. Because if you have added any tracks or moved any tracks and after that if you have not synchronized it again then It means your music library is not updated. So according to me you should first update the library and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? I hope this problem will be helpful to you.

I think you are facing this issue because of your shuffle is turned on and because of that iTunes playing all the tracks randomly. In iTunes you can find the shuffle option in bottom left side. In bottom left side you will see the crossed arrow button. Make sure that button is not blue. If it is blue then it means it is turned on and you have to click on that button and after that when you try to play any tracks at that time it will play all the tracks in proper order.

After reading your post I have tried to solve the problem and first I have checked that all the files are on its original location and none of the files are moved and after that I synchronized the library again, but after doing that also I am facing the same problem with my ITunes. Then I also checked that shuffle option and it was turned on and after that I turned it off but after doing that also same problem is coming again and again. Is there anything wrong with my iTunes? Please reply me as soon as possible.

As you have said that after turning of the shuffle option also same problem is coming then I think there is something wrong with your iTunes. According to me you should try to fix this issue by reinstalling the iTunes in your system and if that also gives the same problem then you should try to fix this issue by updating the iTunes. I think after updating the iTunes you will not get this problem and you will be able to play all the tracks properly.

I have downloaded the latest version of iTunes in my MacBook pro and after that I have installed it in my system. After doing that I restart my MacBook pro and then I have updated my whole library in my ITunes. After doing that when I play the tracks at that time it doesn’t give me any issues. Now all the things are working fine. In my iTunes shuffle option is also working properly. Thank you so much for giving me this solution and solving my problem.