Thread: amarok2 and iphone

amarok2 and iphone

I have installed Gentoo on the computer. Well iFuse can mount the iPhone 3Gs and gtkpod is working fine and I am able to sync the music. I want to know how can I amarok 2.3.0.90 on the iPhone of mine? I am looking to have gvfs 1.5 on which the gentoo is not having portage. I need to mount iFuse manually I have already tried to mount thing with media but it did not working at all. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: amarok2 and iphone

Well I have kept libimobiledevice and simply removed the iFuse from system of mine. the proper functionality of libimobiledevice is depended on the condition gvfs>=1.5. personally I recommend that the best choice would be gvfs-1.6.1. you can get the same into the Gnome layout. I have tested the thing with Rhythmbox however it should be working with the Amarok as well. So you should try the same and let me know about the result.

I don’t know but due to some reason like rebuild or upstream bug I have found that the usbmuxd was not working at all. Well one need to kill it in case it is launched by the hal and you need to start the same by using the following command.
    Code:
    usbmuxd -v –f
    by using above mentioned tweak you will be able to use ‘ideviceinfo' and 'ifuse' together efficiently.

According to me the new version of the libimobiledevice-1.0.1 is not dependent on the gvfs. The previous version of the this particular software was not working at all even it was not triggered by the dependency. Well according to me the developer of this particular software ibimobiledevice. I am hoping that the developer would give you a light shed on this particular matter.

Well I have managed to fix the matter of mine in this morning. I have ran python-updater and it prompted with few things which are associated with gvfs stuff. After restarting the computer I have noticed that the all the common functions were working fine. Gnome on the computer of mine reported audio player device and prompted what to do with the same. Amarok has added content to the playlist and I have begin to play with the same.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • Well I have unmasked the app-pda/libimobiledevice
    • Now I have added ios USE flag to the gnome-base/gvfs and media-libs/libgpod
    • Now I have executed following command on the terminal
    • Code:
      emerge usbmuxd gvfs libgpod
    • finally I have added usbmux to group usb into the /etc/group.

So try the same and let me know about the result. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.