Thread: Unable to install the driver when sharing printer across network

Unable to install the driver when sharing printer across network

Hello everyone I would to share my issue with you. Last week while I was attempting to make my printer on my PC accessible from my brother’s PC. But while doing so I encountered an issue. Everything was hooked across the network and I don’t know the exact cause for this. When I tried to access the printer from my brother’s Pc at that time it displayed a error message saying” drivers needs to be installed” even after installing the drivers. I failed to solve this issue? Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to install the driver when sharing printer across network

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. Before I proceed further I would like to inform you that the information that you have posted about your issue is incomplete. I need to know the OS that is installed in both the PC. I won’t be able to provide you the suggestions that you require to overcome the issue. The information is essential before I give any advice. Try to provide me this information as early as possible.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The OS installed in both the PC is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I also tried different methods that I knew to overcome the issue but it was just waste of time . The information that you required is posted by me. Now please provide me the necessary recommendation so that I could get rid of such issues.

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. It is very difficult to find the actual cause for such issues. According to me this issue is related to network driver. I also encountered this problem before and at that time it was due to network driver issue. To solve such issues I would suggest you to re-install the network driver. After re-installation your issue will be automatically solved. Re-installation normally removes all the errors. Try this out and inform me about the consequences.

As suggested by you I re-installed the network driver and then tried to access the printer via my brother’s PC but the same error was displayed again. I tried a lot to overcome the issue with the help of the methods that I knew but it was of no use. The issue remained the same as it was initially. Are you aware about some other solutions to surmount the issue? If yes then please inform me about it. This issue has annoyed me a lot. I want to solve this issue as fast as possible.

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. I would like to know some more information from you related to this issue. Is the printer connected to router or to your brother’s PC? If the printer is connected to the router then, attempt to connect the printer directly to the PC. Did you download and install the drivers on that PC? Please try to give me the information related to the question that I have mentioned above for acquiring the exact solution.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and suggestions that you have given me. Your suggestion helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. The printer and the router are linked via USB to my PC. I may use another driver but I am not able to install the software in my brother’s PC using the original install CD. I don’t know the exact reason for such issues. Please give me your advice to solve the issue if possible.