Thread: Unable to install display drivers of Graphic card ATI Radeon 4850 HD

Unable to install display drivers of Graphic card ATI Radeon 4850 HD

I recently purchased a used graphic card from CEX. It is an ATI Radeon 512MB 4850 HD GDDR3 graphic card. I downloaded and installed the drivers from internet. It was working fine but after sometime I noticed a strange issue when I attempted to open a Winrar file. The issue was that the screen used to go blank when I open Winrar file. Currently I am using motherboard graphic card and display drivers are not available. Only video controller is available. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to install display drivers of Graphic card ATI Radeon 4850 HD

The issue that you are facing is difficult to overcome. The issue that you have posted is quite latest to me. You are the first person who is discussing such issues with me. I haven’t tried to do such things. I am software professional that can be the reason I am finding this issue complicated. The issue that you have posted is related to hardware. I won’t be able to provide you the necessary suggestion that you need to overcome the issue. I will surely try to find the exact solution for that and will inform you about it. May be someone else can help you out this time.

After I read your post I came to know about the issue. I will surely try to overcome the issue if I can. Previously I also encountered such issues in my system but it has been solved. I think this issue is normally due to some errors with the drivers installed in your system. To overcome the issue I re-installed the graphic card drivers from ATI website. Re-installation will clear all the errors; it was successful to solve my issue. Try this out and I think I will surely help you to overcome the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. As suggested by you I re-installed the driver from the ATI website but the still the screen used to go blank. I tried a lot to overcome the issue with the help of the methods that I knew but it was of no use. The issue remained the same as it was initially. Are you aware about some other solutions to surmount the issue? If yes then please inform me about it.

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. Many people had discussed this issue with me in the past and it has been solved. According to me such issues are normally due to some problems with display adapters. To overcome the issue I would suggest you to perform the following steps:
    Go to device manger-> right click on display adapters-> finally un-install them. After un-installing the display adapters reboot our PC and your system will automatically detect the display adapters after restart. This solution has helped many people to overcome the issue and I think it will definitely help you.

I performed all the steps that were mentioned by you but it didn’t work out. I tried it three to four times but I gave me the same result. I also tried to install the display drivers but still the issue remained the same as it was initially. I also tried several other methods that I knew but it was just waste of time. I think an application can solve the issue but I am not aware about any application that can help me. Do you know any such applications? If yes then please inform me about it.

Yes I am aware about an application that is specially used for such purposes. The name of application is Vuze. Vuze is a P2P torrenting application which functions legally. Try to download this application from the official website. After you download this application it will permit you to install the display drivers in your system. Once the display drivers are installed your screen won’t go blank here after. Try this solution to overcome the issue. I don’t think you will face any issue here after.