Thread: Need VRAM Monitoring Software

Need VRAM Monitoring Software

Hello guys, please guide me to solve my small query. Actually I am having Dell’s Desktop computer which is running Windows 7 Operating system in it. I am having 1 GB NVIDIA Geforce Graphics card installed in my system to support smooth game play. But I wanted to know, is there any way to monitor how much VRAM is used by the Graphics Card in my system. Any software or application will also work for me. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Re: Need VRAM Monitoring Software

I would recommend you to use the RivaTuner software to help you achieve what you are looking for. I amnot sure whether it will work for Windows 7 Operating Software as I am using it in my Windows XP OS and it seems to be performing amazingly till now. Search for RivaTuner on Internet and download the setup file of it from the official website of it. Once you have downloaded the file, install it in your system and enjoy using it. Make sure that you have rebooted the system whenever it is asking for it.

I would suggest you to use MSI's overclocking utility called as Afterburner. Download the same from Internet and install it in your system. Once done with installation, run it to get a detailed information about your Graphics card usage including the temperature of your GPU. If you wish that the utility should show only the memory usage of your Graphics card, then you should resize the utility interface to a very small size and scroll to the bottom of it. Here you will notice that only the memory usage is graph is displayed.

Along with the Memory Usage, the MSI's overclocking utility – Afterburner also has many other features. So I would also recommend you to use the Afterburner utility as it also gives you a complete detail about
    • GPU temp (the temperature of your GPU)
    • GPU usage (The amount of GPU used)
    • fan speed (the Speed of your fan)
    • core clock
    • memory clock

I am not aware of any software or application which can help you monitor the amount of VRAM your Graphics Card is using but I am using this small method which makes it possible for me to do the same process. So I would definitely share it with you and suggest you to atleast try the thing once. You should use the GTA 4 Benchmark to monitor the usage of VRAM by the video card and I have not come across any other game which will utilize more VRAM.

Thank you guys for sharing those important information with me. It was very kind of you to people to spend so much of time and efforts in order to get my problem solved. I tried following the suggestions, you mentioned but don't know it is not helping me. The GPU (or maybe its driver) is not reporting the status to the Operating System. Thus no software is able to provide me with the functi0nality i am looking for. Please help if anymore suggestions.