Thread: How to delete .MKV files ?

How to delete .MKV files ?

i have a PC and in that i am running windows 7, I use to use the internet whole day, and during that period, I always surf many sites, and download too many things, but recently. I have downloaded some video files with the extension .MKV, and it is of no use longer, thus I just try to delete it, but when I do this, it shows me like the file is currently being used by windows explorer, what is the meaning of that? I have to search the solution for these on the internet also, but didn’t get any such solution. Need help, is it a virus?

Re: How to delete .MKV files ?

No my friend, it is not a virus, thus you won’t have to worry about, it is just a simple video file, and as you were trying to delete that file but unable to do that, it might be possible that the files is been in used, because of that also the problem persist, thus I would say first of all close the file from wherever it is running, and then try to delete that file, I hope this would work. Because once I was also having the same problem and I had done the same.

Ok, if you are unable to do so, I would like to recommend you that try to do the same by the safe mode. You should first reboot the PC and run it in the safe mode, thus try to access that file wherever it is been saved, and delete from there. But after deleting make sure that the file is been deleted from the recycle bin also, otherwise it may also persist the same problem. So delete the file from both the location.

Yeah, this file might be a virus, I am not sure about it, but as you have mentioned that you are unable to delete it, it seems it is infected through the malicious code, thus I would suggest you that first of all scan that file by a particular antivirus software, and if the file would be affected, the antivirus will automatically delete that file, or if suppose it is not affected you can delete it by many ways, I would suggest you to delete it through the command prompt.

I was having the same problem, just the difference was the files extension, but the solution to this kind of problem is similar thus I would like to recommend you the same, first of all open the task manager and then in that you’ll find so many tabs, thus among them open the process tab, where you’ll find different processes running, so select the process called explorer.exe and right click on that and select end process. After that for a while, the whole explorer will stop running and then click on the file menu and click on new task, a window will appear, thus browse the file from that window and delete it.

sometimes it happens like the windows would not let us perform such a deletion operation, because if the user don’t have the sufficient right to perform it, or may be the file would be currently in used, or might be due to some other reason, but at that time I would always prefer a software, which is specially meant for these purpose, such a removal programs are very helpful when we face such a problem. So I would like to recommend you that you should download this kind of software from the internet, and by the way if you search for this kind of software, you’ll get thousands of software for free.