Thread: How to import the .iaf in to windows live mail in windows 7 ??

How to import the .iaf in to windows live mail in windows 7 ??

I have a laptop and a desktop, on both of that machines, I am running different operating system, windows XP and windows 7 respectively. I saved my outlook Express account info as .iaf file. And mailed them to my desktop, but I cannot get Windows Live Mail to import the account information to access my email from my isp. Now how can I import those files to my desktop, need suggestion, as I always use to use it.

Re: How to import the .iaf in to windows live mail in windows 7 ??

This is too simple brother, in fact I would say why did you just mail to yourself rather you can transfer those files through the USB flash drive also, and to import those files from the outlook express, it is too simple, you’ll find the menu called tools in the menu bar, open that in that you’ll find the option to import all those files containing the information about your profile. Thus after doing that you can simply use it.

I am little but unsure because of the operating system and the version of the outlook, I am not sure but it might happen that if the both versions are different, you won’t be able to import those files. And as far as I know the IAF files can no longer be exported by newer version of Outlook. However, Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, or Outlook 2003 or 2007 exported files can be imported in the newer version, by simple following the steps click on then name mentioned, File → Import and Export → Import Internet Mail Account Settings.

Well, as you’re using the live mail, I would like to suggest you the solution for your query, first of all , click on the envelope icon which you’ll find in the left upper corner next to small down-arrow, in that menu open it, when you open it, click on the option from the menu appears, where you’ll find the option for email account, thus click on that, after clicking that, a new window will appear, in that you’ll find the import option.

I hope that you’re aware about the file .IAF files, this files are use to save the information about the user settings and all the internet account files, which contains the information regarding the particular account, thus whenever you import such a files, always make sure to copy the settings of the profiles also, because it is too important as if the user has too many accounts in the same computer, to avoid the conflict it is necessary, otherwise importing is too easy, you’ll get the option named import files.

see while importing such a files, you need to copy all those settings also in the windows 7 especially when we have multiple accounts configured on the same machine. Or else though you import all that files, you won’t be able to use them properly. you'll not get the actual account setting that you have made for that particular user, and in fact if you don't have the rights then i don't think you will be able to import those files also, thus do this all by administrator.