Thread: Where can I get the Security checklist for windows 7 ?

Where can I get the Security checklist for windows 7 ?

I have bought a new laptop and in that I am running windows 7, I am not very familiar with this winnows, because I have a good experience with the windows XP, but windows 7 is completely new to me, thus I don’t have any knowledge about it, how will I get the proper security, or rather I would say Is there a security checklist thus I can go through it? Need suggestion. Thanks.

Re: Where can I get the Security checklist for windows 7 ?

Yeah off course you’ll get the checklist for the windows 7, and this is quite similar to the windows XP I would say, and because of that only, you’ll be able to learn it very simply, but I am not getting about what you are actually concerning, see if you concern about the security only, then also it is categorized in two ways, such as security to the local computer and the security to the internet access, for both of them there are certain rules, by following that you can make your computer secure.

See, there are too many terms that i can include in the checklist for the security, first of all I would say the Action Center to make sure your firewall is on, whatever antivirus software you are using is up to date, and through this you can simply setting up the system to install updates automatically. The setting you’ll find in that only, but for that make sure that the copy of a window that you’re using is genuine, otherwise you’ won’t be able to download the updates.

I hope you must have been heard about the windows defender, which was in window XP also, this would help you to prevent against the spyware and would not allow the computer to install the other potentially unnecessary software on your computer without your knowledge, thus you would not get the malware also in your computer, but I would say, you should read the guides first, or you can check the help service provided by the windows itself.

As you have mentioned, the operating system is new to you, I would suggest you that you should first read some guides or manuals, about the features and the functionalities, you’ll get the clear idea about how it works actually, you’ll get the knowledge about the security aspects that what to prefer and what we should not, then the built in functionality software, how it works. And whatever window it is, you need to have a proper control over it, or else you’ll not get the benefit of that operating system

This is also the product from the Microsoft only, I would like to suggest you that you can read all the checklist for what you are searching, I am sure that you’ll get all the information that you want, I am recommending you this because whenever I just got any such problem, I just visit their website only, see I am mentioning the link, which simply redirect you to the page where you want to go.http://http://windows.microsoft.com/...opOfPageTarget

Though you are concerning about the security, I would say you will get the many aspect through which you can protect your computer from many potential damages. If you’re running more than one user on your machine than I would say you should always gives some rights to the user, and some of the functionality should be restricted in order to prevent the miss use of it, or while using the internet, you should always keep the firewall turn on.