Thread: Profile and paths still having the same name inspite renaming the user account

Profile and paths still having the same name inspite renaming the user account

I have a hp laptop with windows 7 operating system in it recently I thought of changing the user account of my laptop and hence I changed the user account to my name but later I realized that the paths connected to the user profile and the user profile itself still have the old name now why is that so according to me as soon as I change the user account of the system then accordingly it must change the user path as well? Then why it is not getting changed here? Can you all please tell me. So will I be able to change the paths to my name so anyone having any information on it then do let me know about it.

Re: Profile and paths still having the same name inspite renaming the user account

Ok then I have a step by step solution for you make sure you follow it
    1) Now once you ahve changed the user account then go to the my computer and in it double click on C: and go to the users, now select the name of the user account that you have set and having done that go to the my documents.
    2) After that go to the tools option and select folder. Now in the View tab click on Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    3) There you will get to see Hide protected operating system files check option you need to check that box. Then click on ok.
    Now go back and locate the old user account folder and from there copy all the files in it to the new folder, now while copying it remember that you don’t need to copy Ntuser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log, Ntuser.ini files.
    4) Now just log off and log back again with the new user account and see if the encessary changes are being doen beliove me that will be helpful for you.

Re: Profile and paths still having the same name inspite renaming the user account

Yes thats a perfect solution for you in this situation so what you have to remember is that you need to have a third admin account for the same to get the procedure. So what I am saying is that you need a third admin account in order to copy the data from old profile to the new profile, so that’s what you need to keep in mind I hope you will take a note of that and also one more thing that I would like to say is that this is the only valid solution for this problem so better try with this one only and I am sure you will get your results.

See if your problems are not getting soled even with the simple solution made above then there must be some serious problem with the user accounts itself, see if you can assign some rights to the user that is valied or not, also check you being an administrator can exercise all the rights so are you able to do that you must need to look at it, still you need more help then I would better advice you to have a chat with the Microsoft support staff about the issue probably they will solve out the query for you, so I hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Yes I did get it and thanks for letting me know about the solutions so thanks a ton for it, I did follow the steps and I must admit that you guys are a true genius that solution did really work for me and I would advice you all to refer that solution if anyone is having a similar problem as that of mine. So it does works out good for everyone so this solution is absolutely recommended by me as well go try it guys it works. Thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have given here for me.