Thread: Outlook Express 6 frequent Identity login

Outlook Express 6 frequent Identity login

There is a unique error in my computer regarding the Outlook Express 6. Each moment I reboot my PC the message "Another Application has the switch identities” otherwise an identity login dialog box is displaying. Select an identity within that dialog prior to launching this application again." I place my password inside intended for my identity and it will work until I reboot. After rebooting it again prompts me with the same message and asking me to login by entering the password when I attempt to utilize outlook. What should I need to do to avoid this message and login box?

Re: Outlook Express 6 frequent Identity login

How do you exit from the outlook express? If you are using numerous identities you require to stop using File | Exit and Logoff not File|Exit. If you don't log off at that moment the most recent identity will be utilized while you awaken Outlook Express 6. I believe this is confident by means of Outlook express behavior as well. If you don’t log out then you don’t need to login again and again even after the reboot. If this is not applied then you need to set your identity as default. It will make you stick with only one identity.

You cannot toggle identities inside Microsoft Outlook Express following you install Windows XP SP1. For instance, if you click on top of Switch Identity which is inside File menu, click the identity that you would like to toggle to, and afterward click OK, the major identity is released rather than the one that you would like to toggle to. To determine this trouble, install the Cumulative Update 09 designed for Outlook Express 6.0 SP1. To work in the order of this trouble, arrange Outlook Express to prompt you in support of an identity at startup:
    • Go to File >Identities> Manage Identities.
    • Uncheck the “Use this identity when starting a program” box.
    • Click close to finish.

Already you have fixed the most ordinary causes of unanticipated actions inside Outlook Express. If the issue still exists, it is moment to reinstall otherwise repair the necessary Outlook Express program files themselves. Since together Internet Explorer as well as Outlook Express are incorporated into Windows itself, doing hence is a slight further complex than for most issues. Microsoft has for that reason organized a comprehensive guide to reinstall otherwise repair Outlook Express. You should read that guide in order to solve the problem.

Many outlook Express 6 users have already complained that they are getting very strange behaviors and issue while creating and switching identities for OE. The Microsoft has already recognized the problem and offered the patch for that. It seems to me that you haven’t downloaded the patch yet. However other thing is the issue not for all the Windows Oss but only for those who have just upgraded the service pack. The issue actually lies in the Service pack of Windows XP.

If you try to put in numerous identities inside Outlook Express, the Outlook Express window might totally vanish. If this action happens, you cannot utilize Outlook Express. To work about this action, try this method: End the Msimn.exe process by the help of task manager. While you generate a fresh identity, a latest entry is formed inside the registry, and a fresh folder is produced on HDD intended for that identity's message store. Identity information is located within this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\account_ID. You can delete that message if it is prompting you every time.