Thread: Rising cost on every Epson 1640SU scanner driver update

Rising cost on every Epson 1640SU scanner driver update

I have an Epson 1640SU. I acquire some years ago by a few hundred Euros. It is in excellent condition. When I bought was using Windows XP. The software + drivers were then downloaded from Epson's website, for free. After that I upgrading to Vista Ultimate. Software + rivers can be downloaded from the Epson website, but it costs $ 30. OK, I'll pay. At the moment, I upgraded toward Windows 7 Ultimate. The software + drivers are not being supply through Epson. They recommend that customers with the 1640SU scanner utilize VueScan.

Re: Rising cost on every Epson 1640SU scanner driver update

Hello I am having same question. VueScan is asking $ 40 for a one-year license and $ 80 for a "lifetime" license. Since Win8 definitely be upgraded to last me hesitate to buy the license for $ 40, it may be that I am, again, does not have the software + drivers I need for the scanner when I upgrade. And $ 80 for a "lifetime" license goes well with me. I do not use the scanner a lot, but there are situations where it is needed. I have a 1 TB hard drive for a second home that is empty. I think to make a small partition on it and install Windows Vista x64.

Install VirtualBox on your current Windows 7 machines and run Vista in a window! This way you do not comprise to dual boot and you are able to run both operating systems at the same time. Free and easy and it is hard to beat in the world today! Virtualization is a big word that means, more or less, running a computer system within another system. You possibly will, for case in point, comprise a complete system running on top of a Linux virtual window within your computer in the company of Windows 7, or possibly will have a complete Windows XP system running within a window on top of a Linux or OS X or Windows 7 system.

VirtualBox is an authoritative x86 virtualization products and AMD64/Intel64 of the company in addition to home exploit. Not merely is VirtualBox a product characteristic loaded, high performance in support of business customers, is also the simply professional explanation that is freely obtainable as open source software beneath the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) description 2. At the moment, VirtualBox runs on top of Windows, Linux, Macintosh and Solaris hosts and chains a large number of visitor operating systems with however not restricted to Windows.

VirtualBox is being dynamically developed by frequent liberate and comprise an increasing list of features; maintain guest operating systems and stage it runs on. VirtualBox is a community attempt backed through a company that: one and all are request to contribute, at the same time as Oracle make sure the product all the time meets professional superiority criteria. If you are a superior user or developer, you are able to run software on top of a Windows XP virtual machine will not sprint on top of your present Windows system 7.

At what time you start VirtualBox for the primary time, the program encourage you to build a virtual machine through an easy to recognize wizard. I installed VirtualBox on my system Windows 7, the creation of an Ubuntu machine on VirtualBox. I had previously downloaded the ISO image of the Ubuntu installation CD, and I inform VirtualBox to make use of the .ISO image as the installation CD. If I am having manually cd then I can used that CD. but the image of .ISO provide you the better access.

Compared to VMware and Parallels, VirtualBox is pathetic within maintain of the printer. While VMware and Parallels can effortlessly print from a guest computer to any printer connected to your "host" machine, VirtualBox are able to only print to a network printer or a printer connect through USB on the way to computer databases, but when printing from VirtualBox to a USB-attached printer, you cannot print to the similar printer starting the host computer awaiting you close on top of VirtualBox or utilize a VirtualBox menu command on the way to "separate" your USB printer and virtual "guest" of the machine and take back control of the printer to the current "host" machine.