Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change default program for a .rar file in XP?

Windows Software

Old 31-05-2011

How to change default program for a .rar file in XP?

Hello friend I made one mistake that by actually setting a default program for .rar files and the rar stands for Roshal ARchive. I have made the problem but now I am facing it. I don?t have any idea of how to set it back. Can anyone willing to share their computer knowledge? Please let me know I would be very thankful to you. Thanking in advanced for giving me you precious time.

Old 31-05-2011

Re: How to change default program for a .rar file in XP?

I would like to recommend you that open a file any file will do in winrar, and then go to options and on the far right there is a bar that should say "integration" click it and it brings up a list of programs that winrar is associated with, just uncheck .rar (rar stands for Roshal ARchive) and you're problem will be solved for this! Hope this helped you.
Old 31-05-2011

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that just do this Right click on the .rar file (rar stands for Roshal ARchive), (not important which file you are openning) Then click on OPEN WITH... then choose program which you want to open with .rar files and then check on ALWAYS USE..... I hope that I would help you.
Old 31-05-2011

From the topic going on I would like to recommend you that Right click on any RAR file in Windows Explorer, then select OPEN WITH option. Select desired program from the list, set it as default program if it is necessary to you. I hope that you like my suggestion.
Old 31-05-2011

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions on the internet and I saw the suggestion the suggestions are quite systematic because earlier the problem was going on with me I think that the problem has been solved with you if the problem has not solved then I have one suggestion that open winrar by any means through programs or double clicking any rar file. Click Options>Settings>Integration. Unchecked all the boxes and click OK.
Old 31-05-2011

I would like to suggest you that I like using 7zip it is easy do have it on your desktop if yes then right click on rar (rar stands for Roshal ARchive) and open it with 7zip then extract it and click on destination file I like picking desktop always easiest to find after opening file just drag and drop it into any file for storage. I have done this and my problem has been solved hope that helps you also.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,