Thread: Open office 3 Libre crashes

Open office 3 Libre crashes

I have just started using open office as I have heard that it is better that windows office suite. Well the main reason was also that I wanted to cut the licensing cost for it. But I was very disappointed to notice that when ever I try to open that file it crashes within 40 seconds of opening the file. It makes no difference with what type of file are you opening Existing or new both of them crashes . Someone please help me solve my problem.

Re: Open office 3 Libre crashes

Hey, I have been experiencing the same problem in both open office and Libre office writer. So here is what I did. I checked the log system that generates when the open office libre crashes. Just check it out and go through what reports it has generated it might consist something like date , uname, package name, error name .Do you know how to orca reader . This is used to read a portion of the complete text and then open the libre office . If you can‘t use that properly then it might be a reason for your for your crash .

Hey , the log that comes attached when the open office or open libre crashes is very useful . You can check if the log consists of an error which in turn points out to something that is going wrong with java environment. I have personally tried that on both Open JDK and Sun java6. Because I had the same problem when I started with open office for the first time. Just rectify the java error and your office may not crash ever again.

The other problem that might occur when you are using this open libre is that you might have other program running on the same platform as on which your open libre is running. It may also be that your anti-virus are scanning the files your open –office is currently using .try closing all the other programs that are running on the system and then start again with opening the file. Also try changing the page size for the page to A4 and then try it.

I have a question for you does your recovery work; I mean can you recover the file that has been crashed. Is it recoverable? And also install libaccess - bridge-java which is need for open libre to work properly . If you are installing it know then . Remember to first remove the existing open libre and then install libaccess-bridge-java after then installation is complete restart your system. To make the changes made saved in to your system. After that start with a fresh installation. And then check to see if you r open libre still crashes.

Okay your problem is simple you just need to go to orca . (okay , I am using orca and I will guide you to debug your log through orca). Follow the step that I am using and you with be able to fix you libre in no time. Go to orca preference and then go to option named orca debug level. Assign it to keyboard shortcuts and then apply the changes. After that quit orca and then open your terminal window or the command prompt if you are using windows. And then type orca-debug.log ,his would automatically debug it .

Hey thanks a lot for your replies and answers. I did not wish that some many of you would help to solve my problem. I have searched for my problem on internet but, I have no luck with it as there many user who had the problem but there was no solution available for it. But luckily I met you guys and with the help of that I made my error fixed. Thank a lot I followed the step above and voila it worked with out physically pointing the error out of the log .