Thread: Unable to get video drivers update for Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX

Unable to get video drivers update for Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX

My issue is that I am having a Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX Business notebook with nvidia GT330M card in it. now when I try to update the drivers there are no updates available that support CUDA functions in it. What makes it even worse that Sony has chosen to add play station 3 peripheral support in a business laptop, it is not a gaming system. Even though they choose to add play station 3 peripheral in it instead of updating the graphic system that can no longer support CUDA functions in current software apps. Is there any solution for it?

Re: Unable to get video drivers update for Sony Vaio VPCZ122GX

The nvidia GT 330M graphic card which you have is the successor of GT 230M .the GT 330M is made for mid-range laptops in which it provides DirectX 10.1 effects. The graphic card is ranged in the range of mobility Radeon HD 4650. As it is based on the same GT216 core you might not find it difficult to perform the CUDA functions on it, and also if you find it difficult you may have to check for some other solution on the same graphic card.

I think that you need to download the physx installer which is of nvidia, the software is included with the nvidia driver, and there is also an option of laptopdirvers2go if possible do not include it. download the nvidia display driver, cancel the installation which is going on and then go to directory where you have saved it for example c:/nvidia/displaydriver/physx….. There you will have to check for the .exe file and run it .This might solve your problem.

There are many problems regarding to not being able to work on CUDA so for that any 195.xx or some higher range driver would be compatible to work with some degree of the CUDA 3.0 toolkit, so for that you will have to download the drivers mentioned on the official site and you will also need to check is the driver compatible with your notebook that will hopefully get you going and solve your problem.

As an Sony user from a long time I will suggest you to try some other up gradation if possible with your laptop or you can contact any authorized person who is having a good knowledge about your graphic card and knows about the same problem or heard about it and how he can get a solution for it, I strongly believe that the Sony people might be able to solve your problem as they are meant to solve their customers problem.