Thread: How can I update graphic drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-FW520D

How can I update graphic drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-FW520D

I have bought a Sony Vaio VGN-FW520D about a year ago and it has ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphic card in it which is almost a year an a half old .but now I am having some display problem in it with some programs like Windows Blinds and I am getting a suggestion that I will have to update the drivers of my Graphic card. But when I try to update the drivers on ATI site it says that your Sony laptop must be updated and there are no current updates available right now at support. Does it means I will have to buy a new laptop can anyone help me out in this.

Re: How can I update graphic drivers for my Sony Vaio VGN-FW520D

Yes the drivers of your laptop are tested by Sony support which works fine with your Sony Vaio VGN-FW520D laptop. You will just have to go to AMD site and check properly for the updates available for your graphic card properly, because there might be a problem that you would not have checked it properly there are always some updates available at the site. If possible you can contact any AMD personal and check for any updates available for your graphic card

There might be a issue that your graphic card might be out dated and there might not be any updates available for your graphic card but if possible search the sites if possible where can you get the updates for your graphic card then load the chipset's latest drivers from there, however there might be a possibility that the latest drivers might now have been tested by Sony so there might be a possibility that it would not be supported.

Hi there I am also having the same problem with the updates of my ATI Radeon HD 4650. i downloaded the latest drivers on the AMD site but when trying to install I was getting an error message that my computer is not supported.i kept on searching at many sites and I found that Sony and some other computer manufacturers don’t allow their customers from installing reference drivers. But after some more searching I found the Mobility Modder" utility it helped me out, you can also try using it.

You can also use AMD’S Catalyst 10.12. This software will help you out in getting the updates for both your display drivers and AMD catalyst control center .this driver provides update for getting higher level of power, performance, and reliability. It has a better stability and performance, it requires Microsoft® .NET Framework SP1 be installed without it would not be able to launch itself. It is been clearly said that when installing AMD Catalyst™ driver for Windows OS the user must be logged on to Administrator to have complete rights without which you won’t be able to install it properly.